ogg (embed) player for website

Started by kit beats, December 12, 2010, 18:07:04

Previous topic - Next topic

kit beats

Since im bakin my stuff in ogg lately im lookin for a simple ogg player for my website but i cant find one....anyone?
"get the piece sounding pristine." - KrazyKats
..Like this one, definatly got the Sam Zen
individuality in it... - Asharin

Saga Musix

Either you rely on the visitor using a modern browser (Firefox has built-in OGG support, Opera and Chrome probably too) or you use one of the very few and simplistic OGG players written in flash (they usually don't come with a user interface or it's ugly), or you use a little Java player, which are not that rare.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

Soundcloud also offers .ogg support, and it basically has a flash player. :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Rakib

Soundcloud doesn't use flash. But like Jojo said, most modern web browsers today offer built in support for Ogg.
But here is an alternative for you: http://ffmp3.sourceforge.net/
^^

Saga Musix

Wrong and wrong. The preview player on soundcloud always outputs 128kbit MP3s and it uses a .swf to play them, so it's a flash player. The player interface is not built in flash, but the mp3 streamer itself is.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

Samplekit isn't really asking for flash or non-flash or anything... so Soundcloud would work.

And also Jojo, you might want to be less busy... you can sound quite rude sometimes.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

KrazyKatz

If you decide to go with Soundcloud, make sure the file you upload is at the maximum quality (.wav format).

If you upload an .mp3 for example, it compresses and already compressed file, making the sound quality even worse.
Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com

Saga Musix

Quote from: LPChip on December 13, 2010, 13:55:04
you can sound quite rude sometimes.
Do you feel offended by someone telling you you're wrong or what's the matter?

QuoteSamplekit isn't really asking for flash or non-flash or anything... so Soundcloud would work.
He looks for something that he can use on his own website, preferrably playing OGG files.

kit beats

thanks for all the reactions, i will check them when there is more time.

soundcloud - and the link from Rakib...and that java player Jojo what is that?
Most people use IExplorer is that right?

I know wav or mp3 players but i think i want an ogg player cus when i set the song as mp3 its not good compressed......

I only know html/css..flash i nice i know but for now i need just a player. Maybe set colors..a just lookin nice player:) what works...and set the ogg's on the server and hyperlink i think.

Saga Musix

Quote from: Samplekit on December 13, 2010, 20:54:17
Most people use IExplorer is that right?
We're not in the year 2000 anymore. Actually the browser shares heavily depend on your target group, so depending on this you will either have many IE visitors, or a big amount of Firefox users, or whatever...

I don't consider an online preview a vital thing to have (but of course it's a very nice bonus), so I just use the HTML5 <audio> tag for previewing .ogg files on my website - IE users have bad luck in that case, but there are not too many of them anyway. Look it up in your favourite search engine if you want to use it. Same goes for a java player...  But I wouldn't recommend using Java at all, since it's a pain in the butt for every website visitor (one of the reasons why I have Java disabled completely in my browser).

LPChip

Quote from: Jojo on December 13, 2010, 18:53:29
Quote from: LPChip on December 13, 2010, 13:55:04
you can sound quite rude sometimes.
Do you feel offended by someone telling you you're wrong or what's the matter?
Yes, I do. Not because I'm wrong, but the way you say it.

KrazyKatz

LPchip vs Jojo
The epic battle begins .... ( offff where is the devil smiley... someone we need more smileys in here!)

:o
Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com

Rakib

No worries, I'm guessing it's not the first time Jojo have heard that he can sound harsh sometimes.
^^

Saga Musix

Quote from: LPChip on December 13, 2010, 21:41:37
Yes, I do. Not because I'm wrong, but the way you say it.
Interesting, I didn't know that "wrong and wrong" can be understood in an offending way.

kit beats

i need do sign in for soundcloud to get the player?.........