ogg (embed) player for website

Started by kit beats, December 12, 2010, 18:07:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

You cannot "get" the player in that sense. You can only embed it on your website. If you really want to embed their player, you have to consider, that...
- ...You will have to upload your music on soundcloud. It won't work with files that you host on your own webspace.
- ...There is virtually no way to use a custom skin for that player.
- ...The player will only play 128kbit MP3 files (that does not mean that you have to upload your music in that format of course, but from what I understand you didn't want to use MP3 at all).
- ...Your files can be downloaded on soundcloud if you want that, but only up to 100 times per file if you have a free account. If the file has been downloaded a hundred times, the download feature will be locked for this file.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

kit beats

OK..then i get it...The question is: can i implement the OGG that i got on soundcloud uploadded...and put it embed, on my own website???? iff thats so then its what im lookin for.

Yes.. no mp3...i want an OGG player
"get the piece sounding pristine." - KrazyKats
..Like this one, definatly got the Sam Zen
individuality in it... - Asharin

Saga Musix

Again...

You can upload OGG files to soundcloud.
People can download them as OGG files (a hundred times).
Soundcloud offers a preview player that you can embed on your site, but the preview will be encoded at 128kbit MP3, meaning that there will probably be an audible loss of quality (which can probably neglected since it's just a preview, but people have different opinions on that).
If you want a true OGG preview on your website, the easiest way is to use the HTML5 <audio> tag. You can then upload OGG files on your webspace and use them for downloading and previewing at the same time.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

kit beats

Hey! i think i found my place..loading up now and im gonna found out to plant this ish on my website that i must remake and set! hahah thanks guys
"get the piece sounding pristine." - KrazyKats
..Like this one, definatly got the Sam Zen
individuality in it... - Asharin