April fool: OpenMPT is now officially discontinued

Started by Saga Musix, April 01, 2010, 13:29:16

Previous topic - Next topic

psishock

Quotempt has been my sequencer of choice
that hurt :D
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Saga Musix

Quote from: "pafufta816"RIP
That too. Did you not notice that it was April 1st? :lol:
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

residentgrey

No two people are not on fire...AWWW!

Web and Graphic Design just for you!
I r GhostMech on there, forever scouting.

Harbinger

I was late to the party, and even my jaw dropped....

Don't ever do that again!! :P

Here i was gearing up for some big changes that i was going to try to make, just to find out it was disappearing...all of you may not know this, but ModPlug is the only one i (we) use. It's the best free tracker out there, as far as features and simplicity. The learning curve is shallow and now with the help manual, diving in is much easier. Because it's open-source, new users who also happen to know how to program can make improvements.

I have Renoise, ReVisiT, and even Synthfont on my hard drive, but all music gets composed on MPT, because it can get done quickly. Even though the mastering capabilities in MPT is rudimentary, i know it well enough to do all my mastering, for both my songs and Tassel of Blue's, with ModPlug.

Here's hoping it never goes away!! :cheers:

Really Weird Person

So, is OpenMPT not discontinued then? That was a good joke. I did notice that that post was submitted on April Fools' Day. I simply saw it and thought that it was legitimate. So, how many patterns does reViSiT offer? If I had to guess, I would guess 256.

Rakib

Quote from: "Really Weird Person"So, is OpenMPT not discontinued then?
"NO."
Quote from: "Really Weird Person"
So, how many patterns does reViSiT offer? If I had to guess, I would guess 256.
Install it and try it out yourself.
^^

psishock

Quote from: "RWP"So, is OpenMPT not discontinued then?
I would say "YES", "SURE", "INDEED" or simply "BINGO".

QuoteSo, is OpenMPT discontinued then?
"NO." would be appropriate for this question Rakib. :D
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

kit beats

as a true tracker fan i couldnt found a better forum or topic to anounce this news for skaletracker fans.

www.skale.org

that was it to come...
"get the piece sounding pristine." - KrazyKats
..Like this one, definatly got the Sam Zen
individuality in it... - Asharin

Saga Musix

well, sk@le has been dead for years already...
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

kit beats

Quote from: "Jojo"well, sk@le has been dead for years already...
as a user i have to agree. I'm part owner nothing to say but ok.

sad that the posts on the forum declined significantly in recent years, no news related to the free tracking software and no development anymore.

residentgrey

No two people are not on fire...AWWW!

Web and Graphic Design just for you!
I r GhostMech on there, forever scouting.

kit beats

Really Weird Person

'twas a joke indeed. I fell for it too. It would be nice to see native IMF support though (since it does not appear to be implemented fully yet).

Saga Musix

Can you please ignore this thread now... People are really going to be believe it if it stays at the top of the forum for weeks. :P

RWP: Can you please shut up now? ModPlug is not an AdLib tracker! You are talking about a completely different music format which happens to have the same file extension as Imago Orpheus modules. ModPlug is not an AdLib tracker, and I have told you that before. Mentioning impossible feature requests again and again doesn't make them more likely to happen!

Rakib

Same with madtracker, it's been promised for a long time now that the software was going to be open source after years of no development. But no progress has happened. I think when mad tracker will be open source we can finally finish the support for madtracker files.
^^