April fool: OpenMPT is now officially discontinued

Started by Saga Musix, April 01, 2010, 13:29:16

Previous topic - Next topic

psishock

Quote from: "Jojo"Mentioning impossible feature requests again and again doesn't make them more likely to happen!
Or more likely, it will make it not to happen, coz the developer will be annoyed like hell from it. =)

Quote from: "Jojo"Can you please ignore this thread now... People are really going to be believe it if it stays at the top of the forum for weeks.
The more fun for us right? :D
Anyway, if they read on, they will get the picture anyway, but you can also edit the first post any time, adding a nice, bold text that clearly says something like:  
April Fool's day joke, do NOT take it seriously.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Really Weird Person

I guess that I was unaware that AdLib trackers are different. Sorry

I did manage to get Winamp to play the files. Decoding them to waves though — I have not quite figured that one out.

uncloned

easy

play the files while at the same time recording the stereo mix (a sound mixer option on most soundcards) in audacity or something like that.

Saga Musix

or simply use the AdPlug plugin in XMPlay and use the WAV Writer as an output device. In theory it should be the same in Winamp, but I haven't used it in ages, so I don't know exactly anymore how it was done there.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Really Weird Person

I have converted from midi to wave using Winamp, but I do not remember all of what I did. As you stated though, Jojo, I would imagine that IMF would use the same (or a least a similar) principle.

pafufta816

Quote from: "Jojo"
Quote from: "pafufta816"RIP
That too. Did you not notice that it was April 1st? :lol:
hah!  that whole day i thought "noones played an april fools joke on me yet~!  i must be lucky?".  the whole day passed and i assumed i was cleared.  i almost shed a tear for MPT.

i realized it wasn't d/ct'ed when i saw code was still being submitted on sourceforge : )
www.myspace.com/consentualabuse
www.myspace.com/neongenesis816