In search for a good site header (hello graphicians!)

Started by Saga Musix, March 17, 2010, 17:49:00

Previous topic - Next topic

AlisterFlint

here's a quickie, that'd easily be expand..

and monochrome variations:

(could you post a PNG version (layered) of the logo, if it's not too much of a hassle?)

psishock

the pink is the best, take that one Jojo.

Quote(could you post a PNG version (layered) of the logo, if it's not too much of a hassle?)
The logo is a "vector graphic". There are no parts, layers on it at all :D. Use a vector editor to load it up and change it to your needs, then import it to shop, and effect it to hell, and work on the additional parts of the header.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Saga Musix

Quote from: "Paul Legovitch"17" monitors are still in use
I used 1024x768 when I had a 15" monitor. 17" is normally 1152x864 or 1280x1024.

QuoteAlso I'm not a big fan of the flashy red
Well, red happens to be the colour of MPT... :oops: But yeah, I already toned the red down a bit, it's less aggressive than in the original logo concept.

AlisterFlint: Get InkScape, a free vector drawing tool. Then you can export the logo into any size you want.
I like the background of that logo, btw. Maybe it could be merged with Snu's header?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

AlisterFlint

yup, open it in CDraw. thanks for the heads up  :wink:

Quote from: "Jojo"I like the background of that logo, btw. Maybe it could be merged with Snu's header?

i can certainly export it in layered PNG, or high res TIFF..

psishock

QuoteWell, red happens to be the colour of MPT...
the hell with traditions :D, invent some new color schemes that are looking solid and cool, no reason to stick with old standards when we can innovate and bring more pleasant stuff. :D

Saga Musix

Well, I don't find the new page design very unpleasant to look at, so I don't see a point in changing traditions either.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

psishock

me neither, just said that there is no point reasoning with "red was our trademark color from all the start, lets stick with it everywhere", when someone could come up with an interesting and great idea.

The old central forum is a great example, red is really overused there, while we have tons of product and companies that are using red as their main color for their product (renoise, ATI radeon), and still can keep a solid and pleasant looking site, keeping the logo design color palette on the minimal level.

AlisterFlint

psishock

you got a bit of a female human blood on the camera sir. Please clear the lens after each joyful truncating murder recording sessions, or at least, before filming the ompt pattern list (or random daw mixer panel) from distance. Its good for the optics, and for getting rid of evidence also.

AlisterFlint

Saga Musix

hmm. that doesn't look very much like MPT in the background. :P

AlisterFlint

ahaha indeed..

at time, it was just a rough, for show&tell.. i can edit and insert MPT views there  :)

[edit] done, and updated the file online [/edit]

g

I really like the bubbly red and the stained logo. I disagree with any catchphrase though.

LPChip

A very old header (actually my version before I made the one that is on the forums right now)

"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix