Clip indicator.

Started by KrazyKatz, March 29, 2007, 14:43:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

sorry, your text is too long. :P I guess there's a 256 char limit in resource files or something like that... but it works if i set it directly from the sourcecode, so that's no problem.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

xaimus

it'd make more sense to completely remove the built-in EQ (and AGC, and noise reduction, and bass expansion, and user-selectable reverb/surround)

Saga Musix

i wouldn't go that far. there are some #defines in the code which can disable certain features. but some tracks do sound better with some of the options being enabled (i always have surround on, for example, and it sounds a lot better)... but yeah, AGC sucks.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

I always have it off, because if you enable some of it, it will enhance the wrong way. I'd rather do surround or reverb or whatever using a plugin on the master channel.

I vote for a complete removal :P
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

And I vote against it! :nuts: Listening to old mods with surround on makes them a lot more enjoyable. XMPlay has autogain/reverb/surround, too! :nuts:

psishock

there is really no need for complete removal, the user choice is the best option. This way if someone want to listen to songs with these extra settings, it won't be a problem, and "us" who don't, just will keep those checkboxes white.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Saga Musix

Hm. Fastmix.cpp has some nice sample converting functions like X86_Convert32To32 that have clipping prevention. This could be used to switch a flag for the sample clip indicator.

Saga Musix

4 pages of useless talk later... I have something in the works. Might still take a while to implement (certainly won't make it into the next release).
Toolbar VU meters with clip indicator!

.^o

yes!!
it's christmas almost every day with you jojo!
thanks  8)

LPChip

Oh this is awesome! Me wants, me wants!!!! :D

I don't love you Jojo, but thats only because you're male and I am too. :P
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

Revision 1773 adds a VU meter with clip indicator to the main toolbar. http://sagagames.de/stuff/mptrack.exe

.^o