Requesting help with getting a new functional site

Started by LPChip, January 23, 2010, 12:57:03

Previous topic - Next topic

machinesmith

I've been tinkering with PHP and stuff to see if I can produce that simple page you asked for, and its pretty clear that I have LONG way to go :(

So if you have some PHP black belt in line now would be the time to bring him/(her?) to the forefront. However I'm still ready and willing, just have to play catch up...A LOT!

Saga Musix

Having a look at the php manual from php.net, if you know other programming languages, this should help a lot for getting into php.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

machinesmith

Yep thats Exactly what im using! however I'm chugging along at best here (unless you want to see like 3 pages that can print 1 to 10 using For..Next loops) so Im assuming a month or 2 before before my PHP actually starts being helpful  

Out of curiousity have you guys started coding site stuff too? I ask because while its cool to surprise the good folk on here I'd like to know beforehand rather than find out a finalised site 2 months later (ie Im ok with down right rejection, just not at the last moment is all)

BTW Jojo, I'm loving the TranceTron9000 name thingy!

Saga Musix

Haven't done anything that could be used for the site yet, apart from the TranceTron9000. :P
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Saga Musix

Oh look what we got here, this should also not be lost (maybe it could be incorporated into the wiki?):
http://www.modplug.com/index.php/page/showresource/
There are some really good magazines in there (like traxweekly) which should definitely not be lost when building the new site.

Rakib

Omg, this is something for the history books. Even some guides for assembly and everything. It's pure gold.
^^

uncloned

even my old ITMA movement is in there - inspired by Kim of course.

ITMA = it's the music association.

it was fairly big on usenet back in the day.

LPChip

I've sent MisterX a PM asking if he can send these to my email.

EDIT: I've got a reply that he is okay with it. :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

Saga Musix

Does anybody have any more ideas for this list? OpenMPT is such a big project and I don't really know what people might find interesting or what the real key features are.

Paul Legovitch

Hey that's great ! I have a few ideas :

In Editor features :

* Customize your own keyboard layout and shortcuts.

* Plug a MIDI keyboard to play and record live over your song.

A versatile treeview :
* file browser to drag and drop samples and instruments in your song.
* fast access to various elements of your song (patterns, samples, instruments)
(instead of "Fast access to various places through the treeview")

... maybe a word about multiple sequences and tuning.

In Supported file formats, I would separate saving and rendering :

Saving
   * MPTM : OpenMPT (based on IT with support for multiple sequences).
   * IT : Impulse Tracker.
   * ITP : Impulse Tracker Project (instruments are not saved in the file).
   * S3M : ScreamTracker 3.
   * XM : FastTracker.
   * MOD : ProTracker 4 - 32 channels, 31 samples.
   * MID : MIDI.

Rendering a song to an audio file :
   * WAV : PCM Audio up to 192 KHz, 32-bit, quad surround.
   * MP3 : MPEG-1 Audio Layer III with ID3v2 tags.

Saga Musix

Thanks, I've added those. Sometimes, so many features come to my mind that I even forget the most important features like the fully customizable keyboard layout. :D

Paul Legovitch

A little typo : "Autotame VST plugins" :D

In the sample editor features I would add sample drawing (this one is great).

I've seen "Edit one module in multiple windows". I've never done that, is it safe ? I  mean does the other window update at the same time ?

Saga Musix

I personally have not used more than one window ever (if anything, I use my second monitor for VST plugins, when it's connected), but from what I've heard from Harbinger, it appears to work, but if you f.e. open the sample editor twice, the second window won't get updated.

Sam_Zen

Nice work , this site, Jojo !
One feature that comes to my mind is the ability to use OMPT for realtime performances (the transition jumps)

2 Paul : already there : "You can even draw your own samples!"