wearable computers?

Started by uncloned, January 21, 2010, 18:27:34

Previous topic - Next topic

uncloned

Saga Musix

"wearable devices"... heh. had to deal enough with those to consider them useless when dealing with a paper at uni.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

machinesmith

a touch OpenMPT, that sounds ... naughty

Really Weird Person

Quote from: "machinesmith"a touch OpenMPT, that sounds ... naughty

It seems that you probably don't use a tablet PC. :lol:

Honestly though, when I make arrangements, I [generally] use the computer in laptop mode (as opposed to slate mode) anyway.

uncloned

Quote from: "machinesmith"a touch OpenMPT, that sounds ... naughty

that would probably depend on the level of "skinning" Jojo codes...   :)

oxxi

One thing for sure is that the future of music, for programmers, is live coding. I'm not that much into playing instruments. but still some cool stuff coming out for touch interface .
////

psishock

cytrek: there are some things that you could do with realtime live time flow, but there will always be a bunch of stuff, where you will need to sit down and compose for many hours.

The "wearable" concept is very uncomfortable to be honest, who wants to work with micro sized, and curved displays? You will not be able to be near precise on those. However touch screen, on acceptable sized displays are with us from some years now, laptops, cellphones. I have a touchscreen HTC mobile, and it helps on some places in my life, but i will never be able to do some comfortable composing stuffs on it, that is for sure. Those very little sized wearable stuffs will be interesting when we invent portable holographic technology and we will get comfortable sized control area, otherwise the concept could sound nice, but the actual results would be less than ideal.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)