[strings orchestral] The end begets the beginning (mp3)

Started by uncloned, November 08, 2009, 05:14:27

Previous topic - Next topic

uncloned

http://clones.soonlabel.com/mp3/daily20091107-the-end-begets-the-beginning.mp3

Year: 2009

Album:
Improvs

Artist's description:
A short improvisation on my M-Audio 88es using Garritan Personal Orchestra 4 VSTi and Sonar 8.5

Inspiration:
serenity in the face of adversity

and trying to get several days' without an instrument out of my system.

Nahkranoth

uncloned

Sam_Zen

This is quite a solemn piece. Enjoyed.

I'm beginning to like this 'daily' concept.
If I understand it well, it's not about each day a composition, but it's made on one day.

uncloned

Hi Sam,

Actually the "daily" concept is something that Bill (ice9) started and it does mean a composition (or more - or less) a day. However I've stretched that concept to my needs.

When I was a teenager I used to write lots of poetry and then I would sometimes sit with the spiral notebooks and improvise the vocal and guitar work inspired by the poetry - the daily concept is similar for me to that except that now, with midi and digital audio recording I have a chance to take a recording like that and expand upon it with much greater ease.

Chris

Sam_Zen

Yep, the ability of recording makes a big difference.
Nevertheless, retrospective, my best improvisations were not recorded, just gone in the air..

uncloned

some for me too - but I have lots of tapes I'm still going through. Back then with the poetry I was recording on cassette with 1 mic and line in for guitar.

Some moments from that time were captured that I like - such as that solo for Eternal Return.

Some moments... I'd rather forget  ::)

Sam_Zen

Tapes and cassettes... I guess we have a lot of work in common in digitizing these resources..
I read about a vinyl player with USB connection. I would welcome a cassette player alike, but it's idle hope, I'm afraid.

uncloned

I think I saw a cassette with USB connection.

Might have been on Think Geek.

If I run into again I will send you the link.