[Compo:R]The MODPlug Tracker Compo 2009

Started by LPChip, April 25, 2009, 11:42:17

Previous topic - Next topic

PPH

Woa! I just came here after ages, and saw this. A compo!  Good idea. And it seems my old friend LPChip won. Congrats!
============
PPH
-Melody Enthusiast
============

LPChip

Quote from: "g"Congratulations LP! And thanks to everyone for their kind comments. The graphical scale is wrong btw, unless someone voted twice for me (which is totally OK ;))

Ah my bad. I did calculated it right, I just got the wrong symbol for the number :) Fixed it now.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

LPChip

Quote from: "PPH"Woa! I just came here after ages, and saw this. A compo!  Good idea. And it seems my old friend LPChip won. Congrats!

Hey PPH :) Good to see you here.

Thanks. It was a great compo, and I still hope people are in for a second round. Too much fun to just stop here XD
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

machinesmith

Finally! Lets see, Ha! I'm on..1...3....6th. I'm in 6th place?! Thats like saying 3rd last (which it is)! What the hell is that all about! whha?! "Simple melody" I'll Show them Simple melody (insult) (curse)!! *cue more Kanye West like temper tantrums*

Congrats LP! However could someone explain the ascii ar...I mean graph system? Seriously I've been staring at for quite sometime and I've not a clue how 7, 18 and all those 30's were calculated (hey I'm a musician not a mathemagician!)

LPChip

Quote from: "machinesmith"Finally! Lets see, Ha! I'm on..1...3....6th. I'm in 6th place?! Thats like saying 3rd last (which it is)! What the hell is that all about! whha?! "Simple melody" I'll Show them Simple melody (insult) (curse)!! *cue more Kanye West like temper tantrums*

Congrats LP! However could someone explain the ascii ar...I mean graph system? Seriously I've been staring at for quite sometime and I've not a clue how 7, 18 and all those 30's were calculated (hey I'm a musician not a mathemagician!)

The chars represent the amount of votes you get for a position. You don't really need to understand the graphical representation. It just shows you how wildly spread everyone's vote were. Not a line in which many people agreed on the results. That means that most songs were equally challenged to each and one another.

g

Quote from: "machinesmith"However could someone explain the ascii ar...I mean graph system? Seriously I've been staring at for quite sometime and I've not a clue how 7, 18 and all those 30's were calculated (hey I'm a musician not a mathemagician!)
The characters represent the number of votes:
  = 0
·· = 1
-- = 2
== = 3
++ = 4
oo = 5
OO = 6
##  = 7

Their position (from right to left) is the place the vote was. For example, Sams dummy tune got 7 (##) votes for last (leftmost) place.

The reason it doesn't add up may be because one of the votes for you ended up in my graphical representation (the numbers are fine tho)

g

Quote from: "PPH"Woa! I just came here after ages, and saw this.

Do you still make music? I'm waiting for the follow up to "The Arrival".

Sam_Zen

Hmm. So far, Henk is not allowed to sleep, or walk, on my keyboard. Maybe next time I'll give her a chance.

psishock

a keyboard is a very sacred artifact for any self respecting composer Sam. No Henk should sleep, walk, eat, scratch, urinate, procreate or make VSTi patches on it. (or make all of them together)
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Sam_Zen

Yep, you're right, Psi. I'm afraid I got a bit carried away.. Keeping firm is the rule..
But I agree, when making the dummy, I let my hand act like a walking cat.

g

So are you talking about the keyboard or the keyboard?

psishock

We where talking about THE keyboard.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Saga Musix

Hm, I thought you talking about THE keyboard...
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

g

We are the keyborg. Prepare to be depressed.

machinesmith

Well it seems everyone is slowly getting KeyBored out of their skulls - what of this 2nd compo?
My personal take? I'm okay with it provided we're given as ample time as the first one - and if it starts a little after a week or so (the nerve wracking tension needs to flow away mon! *takes deep puff*)