Sample 256

Started by Really Weird Person, April 04, 2009, 14:40:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Really Weird Person

That is interesting. When I created a 256th sample, it acted just like any other sample except for one thing. I could not use it in the pattern editor. :( Why might that be? Perhaps the pattern editor is afraid of numbers > 255! :lol: Perhaps I need to register my copy of Modplug Tracker, a demo limitation! :lol:

residentgrey

Prolly a variable type limitation.

May i suggest something for your avy?

No two people are not on fire...AWWW!

Web and Graphic Design just for you!
I r GhostMech on there, forever scouting.

Really Weird Person

[Sample 256] That is possible.
[Avatar thought] That looks nice! I had no idea that you were such a good artist! :lol: Herpaps you could do graphic design for a company (such as Nintendo). Although, you probably did not draw that picture, eh?

residentgrey

Nope, i just found it so you weren't taking up half a page every time ;)

I made a couple goodies somewhere...
No two people are not on fire...AWWW!

Web and Graphic Design just for you!
I r GhostMech on there, forever scouting.

g

Quote from: "residentgrey"Nope, i just found it so you weren't taking up half a page every time ;)

I think that idea backfired ;)

psishock

Quote from: "g"
Quote from: "residentgrey"Nope, i just found it so you weren't taking up half a page every time ;)
I think that idea backfired ;)
omg, seriously RWP please no avatars that take up 1/3 or of the page. :cry:
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

LPChip

Don't you mean signature psishock? Avatar is the other option.

Also RWP, can you set it back to what it was? This is obviously too big because it screws with the layout.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

psishock

no, i was minding the extra wide avatar. Hes signature was passable to me because it wasn't screwed up the layout, like you've mentioned. Also i'm sure residentgrey was also thinking about signature switching with his new offer, and not the avatar. :)

Really Weird Person

Is that more like what was trying to be said?

psishock

g

Saga Musix

This is not only valid for sample 256, but any sample above 255. I don't think this can be fixed due to the way data is saved in any classic module format. You cannot create more than 255 instruments anyway.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Really Weird Person

Nope, but I would imagine that you would still be able to map their notes to samples beyond 255. Strange BTW, what does micro 6 mean, just out of curiosity?

Saga Musix

It's not "micro", it's a greek letter: "mu" (which happens to stand for"micro"). Go figure the rest. :P
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

Quote from: "Jojo"It's not "micro", it's a greek letter: "mu" (which happens to stand for"micro"). Go figure the rest. :P

Mu-six. Nice find. :) I didn't realise this either till you mentioned it like this. :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs