Farbrausch v2 Multitimbral mode?

Started by Saga Musix, March 26, 2008, 16:06:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

This weekend, KB of farbrausch released the new version of the Farbrausch V2 Synth at http://www.1337haxorz.de/ - I attended Wayfinder's seminar about it at Breakpoint and now I wanna try it out. However, Wayfinder said that you really should use the multitimbral mode so you have copies of one plugin running that can communicate with each other. I think that this is working with the normal version of the plugin. However, I don't get it working, even when assigning several instruments to the plugin (but on differenrt MIDI channels), i always get the standard sound out of the V2. The single version is working, but you can't link several instances together with it.
Has anybody tried this yet or knows how to solve it?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

älskling

Note sure what you mean with multitimbral mode, but at least in the first V2 you can select presets by changing MIDI program.

Saga Musix

I mean that one instance of the synth receives notes from different midi channels (e.g. has several voices / instruments), so you don't load 16 V2 synths for 16 instruments but only one which can respond to every of the 16 midi channels.
I'd also like to try out the voice synth that's on channel 16. I got this working in the multitimbral version, but not in the single version. probably modplug has problems passing the channel number here?
In the multitimbral mode, I'm not able to switch to any specifc channel, so i also can't switch to channel 16 and change the voice's sounds... I can only trigger the notes.

EDIT: Now i see what you meant, now i can change the instrument in modplug. But this is pretty inconvenient if you want to edit the instruments, since you have to put them on channel 1 as far as i can see.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

älskling

Quote from: "Jojo"EDIT: Now i see what you meant, now i can change the instrument in modplug. But this is pretty inconvenient if you want to edit the instruments, since you have to put them on channel 1 as far as i can see.
That's a confusing bug/feature of V2. The patch (instrument) you see on the interface has nothing to do with the patch you're currently playing. At the top right of the V2 interface you see which patch goes with what MIDI channel. E.g. you want to edit the patch on channel 2, look at the patch number on channel 2 and then select the patch from the preset menu in the V2 window. Note that the patches start on 0 but the Midi Programs start on 1, so if you select Program 50 that means you get Patch 49.

The voice synth is a little tricky, but I'm sure you'll figure it out. It's been a while since I tried it and I think I got the hang of it, but I never figured out how to select another phrase than Text #00

Saga Musix

I have chatted a bit with kb and he said that he's currently too lazy to make that channel stuff working :D But I'm making some progress. Concerning the voice line, RTFM ^_^ You have to send Midi CC 5 to change it.

LPChip

Just assign one instance of the plugin to several instruments, then set the midi channel to anything from 0 to 15 and set the patch different for each channel. The patch will then be played on that channel of the vst and you can set the patch settings to change the sound.

If you use midichannel 16, you will activate the speech synthesize mode. :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

there's no channel 0 :P You can also use channel 16 in a normal way if you delete the lyrics.

AceMan

Bump :)

I've been playing with V2 a little today. I managed to get it to work in multi mode and it works fine.
But since it's the first VST plugin I've ever used, I have some newbie questions ^^

- What FT2 commands can I use with V2? I've noticed that vxx works but for example 4xx don't
- What native commands (filters) does V2 have, where find the list of them and how to use them in MPT?
- Will original ModPlug v1.16 handle V2? (can't see such options so I assume it won't...)
- How many instruments can I use with V2 (16?)
- How many channels can I use with V2 (16?)

Saga Musix

- What FT2 commands can I use with V2? I've noticed that vxx works but for example 4xx don't
I don't know for sure which commands are supported, but in most cases, it's just "a few". Commads that will most likely work are volume, glissando up and down and maybe portamento.

- What native commands (filters) does V2 have, where find the list of them and how to use them in MPT?
Go to the Zxx Macro Configuration, create a macro with type "control plugin param" - you will see all the plugin paramters that can be controlled then.

Quote- Will original ModPlug v1.16 handle V2? (can't see such options so I assume it won't...)
In fact, it can be loaded in MPT 1.16, but in retrospect the VST things you can control in this old version aren't many. For using VST, I'd definitely stick to OpenMPT.

Quote- How many instruments can I use with V2 (16?)
- How many channels can I use with V2 (16?)
As it's "one instrument per channel", you have 16 midi channels of which every channel controls exactly one instrument.

AceMan

Thanks for answers :) I'll try to make something decent with it :)