I've got a new camera. :D

Started by LPChip, November 07, 2008, 22:03:35

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

I've bought a new camera, and it has a supurb quality. The camera is a Canon Powershot I5 IS. Its a bridge model (between digital camera and mirror reflex camera).

Yesterday, I decided to go to the forrest to shoot some photo's, and I'm really thrilled with the result. The photo's are slightly modified after. Mainly reduced in size to fit 1080p quality and a little bit of digital camera noise correction which makes the photo not digital looking anymore, and even a bit more sharp. :)

I have 2 links for you.

The following loads all photo's in thumbnail mode.
http://files.lpchip.nl/photos/

You can click on the filename to save/open the highres 1080p image.

Feedback is appreciated :)

Enjoy.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

älskling

Saga Musix

» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

psishock

oh... so you have a forest around where you live :nuts:
Just give us your new DeviantArt url and your new digital photo artist name, so we can follow your new hobby from first hand :D

(and don't abandon the music totally :cry: we will really really miss your industrial chiptunes.)
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Sam_Zen

DeviantArt is a nice tip. I'm sure LP will not abandon sound, but it's always ok to practice other disciplines as well.
Indeed nice pictures. I very much like the ones with a closeup of an object.

LPChip

Leaving music? OMG what nightmare did you got?

Ofcource I won't abandon music. Photography is just a hobby that I started because I got this camera. Before I also made photos but those camera's were dissappointing. Atleast their quality was what was expected, so it wasn't that bad...

Deviant huh? Not a bad idea. I might make an account this weekend. :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

gawd, maybe we should start english lessons on this board? :nuts:

Quotedid you got
Quotecamera's

sorry but i'm very picky when it comes to gramma and apostrophes. :P
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

älskling

Quote from: "Jojo"gramma
I'm fastidious when it comes to typos.

LPChip

Quote from: "älskling"
Quote from: "Jojo"gramma
I'm fastidious when it comes to typos.

Grandma's? :nuts:

Saga Musix

psishock

I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

bvanoudtshoorn

Very nice, LP! You've got some great photos there. :)

And for the language pedants... I was once one of you. I recommend you read Stephen Fry's latest blog entry -- it's absolutely fantastic, and deals with pedantry and such.

Sam_Zen

Thanks, Barry. Indeed a great article by Stephen.

LPChip

LPChip

Today it snowed outside.

Three guesses what thought came in my head?

Indeed. So I went out to the forest again, and made another set of photos.

I also added some experimental photos.

I'm curious what you guys think of this. :)