All about Soundtrack music: softwares, history, webradios...

Started by jikoo, September 27, 2008, 02:42:22

Previous topic - Next topic

jikoo

Hello guys,

You know, I can't put everybody on my list.  :wink:

Thanks a lot for your interest.  :D

aGP, I like very much your "No Way Back".

Ciao.
Woolyss Tracking | Woolyss Chipmusic

[color=#F0F0F0].[/color]

Sam_Zen

Good job, jikoo.
You were already on my links page in the tracker department, so I refreshed your URL.

I agree with the mild critics on the use of the term 'soundtrack'. Better avoid confusion.
Only the first one was called 'Soundtracker' but the term 'tracker' is almost common with other editors.
The format is quite different from other ways of composing, my full term for this is 'module tracking'.

It's nice to be the only one on that list with the style 'Electronic'.

jikoo

Hello Sam_Zen,

Thank you too. It's a great pleasure. :wink:

Your avatar is Miles Davis, isn't it ?

[color=#F0F0F0].[/color]

bvanoudtshoorn

I like the site. :D And I didn't notice any typos on my name... Good resource, jikoo.

jikoo

Hi bvanoudtshoorn,

Normal, i updated your name.  :wink:

ThanX U. Your website is really interesting too. "Perdition" music is really impressive. Beautiful ! A real soundtrack (music for a movie).

[color=#F0F0F0].[/color]

Sam_Zen

LPChip

Yay, you've added me X).

Thanks, and ofcource very nice site too! :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

maybe you should add xerxes, he is a very very great tracker guy :) his old stuff is .xm, now he uses renoise.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

jikoo

Thank you Jojo,

Wawooo ! :shock:  Yeah ! Xerxes is a really great tracker musician. Never heard by me before.

I added Xerxes quickly, you know ! :D   It's here

[color=#F0F0F0].[/color]

Saga Musix

if you want, you can also link to his modarchive profile (http://modarchive.org/member.php?68771) where he has most of his .xm work.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

jikoo

[color=#F0F0F0].[/color]

Saga Musix

I don't want to complain too much as it's your page, but IMO xerxes doesn't belong to "other current tracker musicians". Xerxes is indeed one of the most known and best composers known to the mod scene and he also has started on amiga in the 80s. most of his xm modules from the mid-90s and 2000s are worth a listen and most of them are simply great. ;)

BTW: Post #11111 in this sub forum ^_^

jikoo

Jojo,

Ho ! Ok. True. I like very much his music style. This guy is a great composer. I put him on the first list.

Thanxx

[color=#F0F0F0].[/color]

jikoo

[color=#F0F0F0].[/color]

Harbinger

Looked at it again, and you really cover everything having to do with tracking. I have used MPT of course and PlayerPro for the Mac, and i downloaded reViSiT and svartracker (from somewhere else some time ago) but i still haven't gotten around to trying them out. (Why go out dating when you have good woman at home!)

I'm glad to see you've accounted for the few trackers for Mac out there even though the Classic OS is obsolescent. On my Mac i'm still using OS 9, but i do all my audio and music now on my new Windows machine.

The layout is simple but functional, and not amateurish, with a wealth of information from top-to-bottom. Keep refining it and making it better!! :D