All about Soundtrack music: softwares, history, webradios...

Started by jikoo, September 27, 2008, 02:42:22

Previous topic - Next topic

jikoo

Hello everybody,  :D

I updated my webpage about the soundtracker's world : Woolyss Tracking

I present the world of the tracking (or soundtracking) with many links.
There are the history, famous softwares, soundtrack webradios, composers...

Good "ballad"

What do you think about it ?  :wink:
Woolyss Tracking | Woolyss Chipmusic

[color=#F0F0F0].[/color]

psishock

it seems very educational :shock:, i'll read it after i got some sleep.
I noticed one flaw straight away when i've speed checked it: Modplug Tracker is not the first program on the list. ::)
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

LPChip

"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Nahkranoth

Jikoo, you have misspelled "Barryvan". Correct it please before Barry will notice :D

anboi

have you guys seen this site: http://www.morganleahrecords.com/mooglecharm/programs.html
don't think i've seen it posted on here before - has a huge list of trackers for loads of platforms, screenshots of all of them and quite a lot can be downloaded as well! ace. (perhaps deserving of its own thread but it seems fairly relevant here).

jikoo

Thank you guys, :wink:

QuoteModplug Tracker is not the first program on the list.

I know, I have tested all soundtrackers on this page. But Madtracker use total automation as Renoise. Moreover, Renoise knows the dual-core (really good for the VST) !...

I use Modplug Tracker. You can see... and listen to :  It's here ! :D

QuoteJikoo, you have misspelled "Barryvan". Correct it please before Barry will notice

No, his really name is Barry van Oudtshoorn. His alias is Barryvan. See here

[color=#F0F0F0].[/color]

jikoo

Hello anboi,

Never seen. Thanks a lot for your link. It's really excellent about the old soundtrackers. :)

[color=#F0F0F0].[/color]

Saga Musix

QuoteBarry van Oudtshoorn "Barrivan"
there IS a typo :P
i miss me on the list too ^^
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

jikoo

QuoteI miss me on that list

LPChip and Jojo,

You are on my list in the "Others current tracker musicians" section.  :wink:

It's here !

Note, I will sort composers by alias not by name. I think, it's better !

[color=#F0F0F0].[/color]

KrazyKatz

What a tremendous effort! Way to go!

I'm not sure if it makes sense to call it "soundtracking". Soundtracks are generally known as music for movies and it can be confusing for the  non-tracker. I think what we do is known simply as  "tracking". Maybe a small intro or subtitle explaining could help. Tis' a tough one.

I miss my name on the list too :( 'sigh'.

I've composed for games & movies in MPT. I just guess that I... well... well that my..  :?  name could have been there...

'Sigh'.  No it's nothing... just got some dust in my eyes.. :cry:
Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com

jikoo

Hello KrazyKatz,

Yes, soundtrack, soundtracking, tracking, it's very confusing. I think your idea is good.

I made changes. Check it !

Tracks of your website are beautiful.

Thank you very much.

[color=#F0F0F0].[/color]

Nahkranoth

Quote from: "Jojo"
QuoteBarry van Oudtshoorn "Barrivan"
there IS a typo :P

Thanks, Jojo :)
And jikoo, there's that guy Olof Gusafsson "Blaizer". Is he Gustafsson by chance? Just a guess :oops:

Oh, and there's Boot_sector_viruz (correct me if I'm wrong) and many more on this forum, I'm sure of it, just dig a little deeper, my friend.

P.S. There's also psishock if he ever gonna tell us his real name LOL
aGp is worthy to be on the list too :D

KrazyKatz

Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com

psishock

Quote from: "Nahkranoth"P.S. There's also psishock if he ever gonna tell us his real name LOL

:D nah, i wouldn't consider worthy myself on that list, i am a nobody just yet, but a potential rising musician (on this case). =) There are many people (even here) who did so much to archive success, let's just have them the honor.

My plan to take over the world is still not finished. :lol:
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

aGIANTpupafish

Quote from: "Nahkranoth"aGp is worthy to be on the list too :D

I'm honoured by this lovely compliment ^_^ but i don't think i am =P

feel free to add me if you like (http://www.traxinspace.com/profile/agp) but i dont feel worthy at this stage compared to the others on the list.
Quote from: "KrazyKatz"Yah, It reminds me of MAD magazine where the farm guys are playing music on a broom with string, a clothes cleaner, a jug until the angry house wife comes and takes all her cleaning stuff.