Issue with the modplug player

Started by JimmyJ, December 31, 2008, 07:26:01

Previous topic - Next topic

JimmyJ

I was browsing the interent the other day with modplug player running in the background, set to shuffle going through one of my big playlists, when suddenly I realised it wasn't playing anything. I pressed the play button, and everything was fine, but when the song was finished, it switched to the next one, but wouldn't start playing it. I pressed the play button to see if the song was corrupted or something, and it started playing, but when it finished, it went to the next song, and once again, it wouldn't play. I've got no idea why this is happening, it's never happened before. Is there a way to fix this?

Saga Musix

Sorry, MPP is not supported anymore, especially because Olivier (the original author of MPP and MPT) retired and only released the MPT sourcecode. So we can't fix anything here, but I've never experienced such a problem myself. Maybe check your MPP settings?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

Is the automatic gain setting selected? I know there's a setting somewhere in the setup that controls this.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

JimmyJ

Automatic gain control is on, and I haven't found any settings which seem to control this issue. The thing about it is, I didn't change any settings, it just seemed to come out of nowhere, which is frustrating  :(

Saga Musix

AGC is a baaad thing by the way. I just destroys the dynamics. :(
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

I know there's a setting, cus I've had the same thing. After tweaking some settings, it started to work again.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

psishock

Quote from: "Jojo"AGC is a baaad thing by the way. I just destroys the dynamics
agrrrr, then it's my mortal enemy. :D
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Saga Musix

whut? the less dynamics, the better the trance, isn't it like that? :P

psishock

ah.... vice versa, that other way around. :D
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)