[Album] bloss ein traum (ogg) (instrumental)

Started by cubaxd, August 04, 2008, 19:22:45

Previous topic - Next topic

cubaxd

@Krazy Katz
@uncloned
Thanks a lot for downloading.

Quote from: "Krazy Katz"I always enjoy listening to your stuff, though I don't always make the time to comment.
DITTO :)

Quote from: "uncloned"since you are behind a slow connection I value your effort in sharing your work even more
It's not that slow. Downloading something is quite fast (considering), but for uploading this album it needed approx. one hour. So, with some patience, it's okay :)

Sam_Zen

Yep. Advertisements always mention the download speed, but the upload speed is what's really the point.

uncloned

Quote from: "cubaxd"@Krazy Katz
@uncloned
Thanks a lot for downloading.

Quote from: "uncloned"since you are behind a slow connection I value your effort in sharing your work even more
It's not that slow. Downloading something is quite fast (considering), but for uploading this album it needed approx. one hour. So, with some patience, it's okay :)

then if your DL speed is ok, why the concern with the 320kbps quality?

cubaxd

It is okay for everyday things, as an old car is okay for driving around, but you can't win a race with it ;). I told you that I am of course downloading your tunes whatever bitrate they might be in.
I just can't hear a difference between 320kpbs and, say 256kbps. But to avoid any misunderstanding: I don't want to discourage you from doing things the way you do them!

My concern was about streaming, which is not possible with my connection if the audio stream is at a too high bitrate. I can't even watch youtube videos without the stream being buffered all the time. Therefore, when I'm watching a video, I first have to click pause and wait for some parts of the video to be loaded, and then I can watch the video free of interruptions. But that's another story :)

mrvegas

Just listened  all the way through and went back to listen to "das selbe lied" again -- easily the best track, I think, and I enjoyed them all.  "Das selbe lied" reminds me of the great adagios from the late Romantic period (Bruckner, Mahler, etc.).  It was extremely well composed and you obviously know your music theory.  I thought I caught a looping issue with one of the lower samples (bass or cello), but it may have been an intentional rhythmic effect -- I'm  not sure.  Anyway, I didn't mind.  It was an outstanding track, and the whole album was well worth listening to.  This is the type of music that I wish we would see more of.  It's always interesting to me that although computer software has opened up the ability to compose extremely creatively, it's rarely used to full effect.

Great, great work.

cubaxd

Thank you a lot, mrvegas :)

Quote from: "mrvegas"I thought I caught a looping issue with one of the lower samples (bass or cello)
yes, the loop end wasn't well positioned in this sample. :)

QuoteThis is the type of music that I wish we would see more of. It's always interesting to me that although computer software has opened up the ability to compose extremely creatively, it's rarely used to full effect.
:oops: And it was all done with our favorite tracker. No need for expensive software :) One disadvantage is the size of the IT files. The smallest is 15MB (track 13) and the biggest track 4 with 64 MB. All IT files have a size of 498 MB. I think for the next album I will consider using ITP files to keep them smaller.
On the other hand, ITP files have the disadvantage, that they are using absolute pathnames. If the paths on my HD are changing, then i have to reload each instrument in an ITP file :(

Relabsoluness

Quote from: "cubaxd"- but the  album - as a whole - is more depressing than funny. or at least pessimistic.
I agree about the depressing aspect despite the couple of not so depressing tunes.

2. :boogie:
13. Nice piano moods.
14. Great ending. The instrument playing from ~3:15 really stands out.

cubaxd

Thank you, Relabsoluness :boogie:
and sorry for my late reply :(