[Experimental] Nightfall (MP3)

Started by bvanoudtshoorn, August 18, 2008, 10:31:40

Previous topic - Next topic

bvanoudtshoorn

A companion piece to "Drifting". Also in 7/8, with many of the same stylistic elements. It's much more brooding, however, and simpler in its execution.

Note: play this at *low* volume! The percussion/pad/backing is mean to be *way* back in the mix, with the Duduk (flute) right at the front. :)

Apologies for the link only to TiS - I'm having problems with my webserver at the moment, so my distribution options are limited. :/ Still, the streaming play is actually pretty good at TiS nowadays, given that it now uses AAC+. The source is available there, too.

Get it here.

Coverart:

Nahkranoth

Somehow I can't stream this track, so I hope your site will be fixed soon :D

bvanoudtshoorn

It's fixed now. ;)

Download the track here.

Nahkranoth

Sam_Zen

Nice, I had the same access problems.

This is a real beauty, Barry. A gem.
With a perfect balance of instruments.
Things like this I could easily enjoy for 20 minutes.. without any further change..

Nahkranoth

I like it even more than "Drifting". Judging by the sound, the listener can understand that it should be played at low volume, I agree with you there completely. The only thing lacking is the visuals :) Some kind of movie or game where it could easily fit because of its mood and quality.

Sam_Zen

Good electronics already triggers the visual mind, but it would be nice of course. Maybe a still is already enough.

Nahkranoth

Ah-ha! Terragen :) How many days you've waited for this pic to be drawn, Sam_Zen?  :D

Sam_Zen

Nice recognition, Nahkranoth..
If you mean the time it costs to render that image, on my earlier pc's it could take hours to get it finished, but the system has improved in the meantime.
This one is improvised during the writing of that reply, wanting to make an example of an appropriate still.
I've build up a library during some years of worlds, surface, water, sky and terrain files, so I just combined some.
This is one of my arty 'sidekicks' next to sound. Terrains and fractals.

bvanoudtshoorn

Nice, S_Z! It's always good to see a novel interpretation of things. I like the landscape. :)

And thanks to everyone for the feedback - it's much appreciated.