Call for submissions. Need music for short film

Started by red2000, January 05, 2008, 19:48:02

Previous topic - Next topic

red2000

Hi everyone,

I'm a film student from NZ, currently studying at the NZ Film and Television School in Wellington.

Anyway, I'm making a short film.  It is a 5 minute romantic comedy called The Visitor.  It's about a blind date that a young woman has with a guy.  However, she doesn't realise that he is a time traveller.

I'm specifically looking for opening credit and closing credits music.  It could be stuff you've already composed, preferably in MP3 or WAV format.

The music needs to have a light, upbeat and fun feel to it, as this is a romantic comedy.

I'm not able to pay anyone, but I'm more than happy to snail mail you the DVD of the final product, or put it on YouTube.

-------> Deadline for submissions is February 10, as we are on a tight shooting schedule <---------  People are welcome to create new songs from scratch for me to fit the brief,   If you can cobble something together by February 10, that's great, but as I'm on a deadline, I'd prefer stuff you've already made.

If anyone is interested, please email me (differencefilms@igrin.co.nz) and I'll send you the script so you can get more of a feel for what sort of tone I'm after.

Thanks guys,
David Morrah

P.S.
Please don't attach your music.  It will take too long for me to open my emails.  If you have music, please direct me to your website etc, or FTP address, so I can download it.