Have You Ever Seen that Before?

Started by Really Weird Person, January 04, 2008, 04:48:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Really Weird Person

35,402 dayis left? That's weird, odd, wodd, odd, weird!
I saw that when I was copying files on my computer.

Sam_Zen

1) You're hit by a Trojan containing messages from som reli-fanatics.
2) You have a demo-version of software, with a very generous time limit of free use.

bvanoudtshoorn

I heard a rumour once saying that Windows gave this message:

"Warning: the file you are attempting to download will take 400 days to download. Windows is not stable beyond x days, so your download may fail."

Or something to that effect.

As to causes - were you trying to copy your hard drive onto a paper reel from the sixties? :)

LPChip

I've seen similar messages, although it went with 326 weeks, x days, x hours, x minutes. Basically when you have a huge amount of small files, windows will not be able to estimate how long it will take because it expects those files to copy longer.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

This is quite normal in windows. Just don't care about it, it's windows 8)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Really Weird Person

I have seen that happen with software packages, as mentioned, but not while copying files that I can recall.

Saga Musix

» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

bvanoudtshoorn

That must be an awfully long mass...  :)

Really Weird Person

What language is Windows in there? It looks quite unlike English or Spanish. Perhaps it is French.
2,386,093 minutes = 39,768.216666666666666666666666667 hours.
39,768.216666666666666666666666667 hours = 1,657.0090277777777777777777777778 days (not dais, daze, or daisies, days).

Saga Musix

Have a quick loiok at my profile and you'll see what language it is... :P

Really Weird Person