Weekend 404.

Started by KrazyKatz, March 04, 2007, 10:04:51

Previous topic - Next topic

KrazyKatz

Ive noticed that sometimes, ( generally Friday through Saturday ), the forum gives a 404, or other strange message. Just wandering why this is, and if other have noted it?
Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com

LPChip

Everyone (including me) that has visited the forum, must've noticed.

For some strange reason, friday around 10 am GMT0, the entire site stopped working with a strange vDeck message.

As I was browsing the forum at that time, I saw it happening. I contacted support and they did something that allowed me to get the forum visible again instead of that strange message. Slowly stuff is getting back, but there's still a problem with SQL. Modplug has had a fix but I run other sites with sql too, and they haven't got a fix yet.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Sam_Zen

Glad it's running again. The Download Center failed too for two days.

MisterX

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"Glad it's running again. The Download Center failed too for two days.

Yes, this had to do with a network upgrade that was being performed.  It may be down again while the server is hooked up to a new UPS, but we have to put up with these things in order to keep the server current.
-Mister X aka Kim-
StudioKraft
===========================
I am happy to be born when I was - at least I caught the tail end of freedom.

Saga Musix

...and it happened again!
seriously, you should change your webspace prodiver... it happens EVERY friday and saturday.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

2Jojo: Are you talking about the forum, or main site?

If you're referring to the forum, then I can only say that the support question that played previous weekend still is not solved. I've given them till tomorrow to fix it, or I'll leave them.

Until now, I haven't heard a single word of them even trying, so I think they've gave up on me.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

MisterX

Quote from: "Jojo"...and it happened again!
seriously, you should change your webspace prodiver... it happens EVERY friday and saturday.

The problem appears to be with the MySQL server, whether it is on the same machine as the forum code or not, I don't remember, but the problem seems to stem from the forum not being able to connect to MySQL.
-Mister X aka Kim-
StudioKraft

KrazyKatz

But why does it happen strangely on Fridays???
Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com

Sam_Zen

Error message indeed was about the MySQL server. And I wondered too : "Friday again ?"

LPChip

The mySQL errors were: too many connections. the weekend  before it, it was just down...

Saga Musix

that explains why the forum was available, then unavailable and then available again and so on...
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

Indeed. If however this problem seems to happening next week, I will see if I can get support to fix it, or maybe leave them afterall...

Also depends on how well they solve the rest of the issue.

Pesho_Zmiata

Hm... do you suppose that would have anything to do with the spam invasion?

LPChip

Quote from: "Pesho_Zmiata"Hm... do you suppose that would have anything to do with the spam invasion?

That is well possible. When I was on the other account, I have given this several support issues and they did something to my account to fix this. I bet that they've not done it for my current account.

MisterX

Quote from: "Pesho_Zmiata"Hm... do you suppose that would have anything to do with the spam invasion?

It has to do with the MySQL server configuration on the web host - there is a certain number of connections allowed in the configuration, and obviously this machine has its number of connections set too low.  It should be particularly difficult to go over the number of simulataneous connections, as a MySQL connection (if not set as persistent) should only last for a fraction of a second.
-Mister X aka Kim-
StudioKraft