Nazi-forum moderators

Started by georg, February 01, 2007, 15:53:44

Previous topic - Next topic

georg

So expresing an opinion is not to be tolerated? Having a point of view that damns someone else's point of view is against the rules? Disagreement = assault? Self-censorship is mandatory? Holding hands and never ever arguing  obligatory? Slightest hint of potential difference of opinion = flame wars+mushroom clouds? Lock topic immediatly, someone may criticise!!

This ain't my kinda place then. Esp. when people get to decide wheter they're offended or not on a whim.

Thank you forever Mister X, this has nothing to do with you. I wanna go somewhere where i can say what i want and where it won't be moderated by Kindergarten Anti-Terror Deathsquads.

Chip, you deserve a lot of praise as well, but in many ways you're a fool. Deal with it.

So long
I'll never make sword-chucks...
Update - 2013 I still havent made sword-chuks.
Update - 2021 What the hell are sword-chuks? :((

MisterX

-Mister X aka Kim-
StudioKraft
===========================
I am happy to be born when I was - at least I caught the tail end of freedom.

LPChip

I guess its because of this topic:

http://forum.openmpt.org/index.php?topic=1303.0

but Georg, seriously. Read that topic and tell me honestly if you haven't gone a bit too far there.

Based on everyone's opinions I think you have, and I rather prevent than fix issues. If its really too much for you to understand that, then maybe its not the place you used to visit.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

seventhson

I don't see much wrong in that thread,georg gave a few examples of how the word gay can be interpreted.
For one of the examples he used Metallica,someone disagreed,he expressed his opinion and also explained that he didn't mean to agonize/insult anyone,some talk about cartoons followed,that's it.
If that's a reason to put a lock on a thread,well i'd say that's pretty pathetic,and i have to say georg has a pretty solid point with this thread.

SoundCrafter

Seventhson has a point, however, I can't exactly commend georg for knowingly using the word gay in its "lame" definition when he knew the topic was obviously (since he started it =P!) about homosexual 'gay'
---Formerly known as ---DjBj---. changed names for lots of reasons.
BooT-SectoR-ViruZ is the new Skaven and the whole world'z goin' to Hell.
Lowpass filter! Perform a generic type of dodge!!! :lol:
Everyone should get on this forum's chatroom RIGHT NOW...still not sure why, though.

Sam_Zen

I don't care if that thread was blocked or not, because it was a lousy non-issue thread anyway, so I stopped reading it.
An old mechanism here : first people use big words, and if they encounter negative comments on that, they start complaining about tolerance and censorship. So in this case Chip is the target, as the dictator misusing his power... Come on, get real.
(And if there are nazi-forum moderators, then there no doubt also will be nazi-forum posters.)
I prefer to use my right on freedom of thought first, before I choose to use my right on freedom of expression.
Except when hammering my thumb of course.

seventhson

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"I don't care if that thread was blocked or not, because it was a lousy non-issue thread anyway, so I stopped reading it.
An old mechanism here : first people use big words, and if they encounter negative comments on that, they start complaining about tolerance and censorship. So in this case Chip is the target, as the dictator misusing his power... Come on, get real.
(And if there are nazi-forum moderators, then there no doubt also will be nazi-forum posters.)
I prefer to use my right on freedom of thought first, before I choose to use my right on freedom of expression.
Except when hammering my thumb of course.

You might wanna read that thread before passing judgement.
Georg has a very good point when it comes to censorship,there was nothing wrong in this case but it was decided that the thread should be locked.
What message does this send,never express your opinion?

Een klein stukje nederlands erbij,als iemand zich door die thread al verneukt voelt dan moet je toch echt wel bijzonder lange tenen hebben.

residentgrey

OI!!!

Remember guys choose your words wisely. You will never go wrong. This is what happens when there is a major breakdown of communications, people get kneejerk reactions, and get each other pissed off, and I get a black eye (heh).

We all agree the site is a bunch of bullocks and worth less than used tiolet paper. Now lets let this crap go down the drain so we can get out of the head and start composing again!!!
No two people are not on fire...AWWW!

Web and Graphic Design just for you!
I r GhostMech on there, forever scouting.

Sam_Zen

2seventhson
Dutch : Niet verneukt of lange tenen, het gaat er mij om dat het prettig blijft op het forum.
'Never express your opinion' isn't my message, otherwise I wouldn't have posted it. ;)

I agree with residentgrey, let's get to the real work again.

LPChip

The topic wasn't that much of a burdon, but the things that happened around it.

Georg seemed to send a PM "out of the blue" with some insults. I haven't checked if that really happened, and frankly I don't care, but in response that user stopped reading that topic.

Now this is something that goes to my hearth. If something like this can happen due to a topic, then I think that topic should be closed.

That aside from the fact that that topic was about nothing. So I am a nazi forum leader? Then atleast I'm one with a heart! ;)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

georg

out of the blue my ass... after an attempt to clarify my comments that annoyed someone, i was myself annoyed to find out that someome was insisting that i was "wrong" simply because i wouldn't agree that this other person is "right". This annoyed me very much (my problem, not yours) so i sent a message, privatley, describing in simple and unmistakeable terms my desire of having no further contact with that someone. This was supposed to eliminate any further discussion between the two of us, while at the same time not limiting either of us from general posting. And there's no problem here as far as i'm concerned.

Then comes Mr. Nazi and locks up the topic. A fine example of what he calls "preventing rather than fixing". Granted that he is time-constrained and a volonteer and fixing things does take time and effort, but this is the +500th time he's done this sort of thing, and in my opinion (you dont have to agree) he has made crappy choices on many occasions. That's the reason i'm fed up with this forum/community. LPNazi makes the verdicts, and enforces the rules and if you don't like it then either put up or get out. I'm out, not because i hate anything or anyone but because i really don't like it anymore. It isn't the fun place it used to be, and if you don't agree then tell me why so many members have gone elsewhere? Forums where there's a difference between verbally attacking and insulting other members and using foul language to pull someone's leg or blow off steam. Communities where compos would be announced to other communities so that more people join, instead of not even considering the idea because unknown people might bring chaos and disorder (as if). Etc. etc. etc...

One person can't take it upon himself to be right about everything, and will more often be wrong. That's bad for everyone. Chip, if you'd ask some outsiders about Modplug Central maybe it would do you more good than to have a heart (knowing you, you'll never do this). This family friendly crap does more harm then good. Not because it's so cool to have 3 year olds flaming people till hell freezes over, it's not, but it's even worse to require people to take tranquilisers before signing up to make sure that they never argue so much that you have to lock topics. That's "prevent rather than fix" working at maximum efficiency.

Now don't make this look like i'm blaming you for everything that's wrong here and for everything that's peachy elsewhere. I'm not, i'm trying to tell you just how wrong you can be, and just what the consequences may be. Since i have called you a Nazi enough time already, i think i have your attention. I sincerely hope you consider your thoughts on MPC. It's in many ways your baby, you put a lot of effort into it.

Your decision to lock that other topic reveals how your decision making process works and what you consider before deciding. I simply can't agree with that. That's my beef with you. Wheter it was a topic on flowers or baseball or pianos or gays or hatecore metal or racism makes no difference.
I'll never make sword-chucks...
Update - 2013 I still havent made sword-chuks.
Update - 2021 What the hell are sword-chuks? :((

LPChip

I'm only human and humans do tend to make mistakes.

I act based on what I think is good for the community. The last thing that can be a good thing, is an out of control flamewar. If you disagree on that, then thats your way of thinking. I did read about other opinions and If I read a sign of: This topic should be locked, wether its written clearly or not, then I rather considder to lock a topic.

But lets point this discussion not towards that topic, but lets focus it to this topic instead.

The reason for this, is because I'm curious about one thing. What do you think to accomplish by this topic?

PPH

Quote from: "LPChip"The topic wasn't that much of a burdon, but the things that happened around it.

Georg seemed to send a PM "out of the blue" with some insults. I haven't checked if that really happened, and frankly I don't care, but in response that user stopped reading that topic.

Now this is something that goes to my hearth. If something like this can happen due to a topic, then I think that topic should be closed.

That aside from the fact that that topic was about nothing. So I am a nazi forum leader? Then atleast I'm one with a heart! ;)

What do you mean, it goes to your hearth? Do you mean you're burning it not to get cold :D

(ok, Chip, if you don't get the joke, search Google: "define: hearth") :D

Now, seriously, I think there's too much fuzz about that topic.
============
PPH
-Melody Enthusiast
============

Relabsoluness

Sam_Zen

I second that.

Quotein my opinion (you dont have to agree)
A nice gesture .. I'm quite grateful , what a relief !  :D
And I have to re-adjust my impression, because someone, who can stand more than 500 incidents before undertaking action, must have a lot of patience and tolerance. :)
This is ridiculous.