Nazi-forum moderators

Started by georg, February 01, 2007, 15:53:44

Previous topic - Next topic

KrazyKatz

It seems everyone has forgotten the rules.

Just a few ( based on the forum rules sticky):
* Be friendly towars everyone
* Respect everyone's opinion (except those of a spambot nuts)
* Do not provoke a conflict that involves cursing
* Do not curse
* Speak English wherever possible so everyone can read what you want to say. If its something personal, send the user a PM/Email instead.
* Pay attention to the stickies in the different forums. They can contain additional rules for that forum only (like how to post in the Free Music Downloads)
* Post complete songs in Free Music Downloads, and half finished in General Chatter.
* Admin/Moderators always have the final word when it comes to arguments.

This entire topic was rooted in provocation and an infringement on the rules is quite evident.

LPchip has no absolutely no need to apologize. When push comes to shove and a decision is to be made, it falls to the head of administration. Not to any of us.
Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com

PPH

Still, it was no big deal. After all, georg did send a PM, didn't he?
============
PPH
-Melody Enthusiast
============

LPChip

Guys lets close the subject.

I doubt if Georg will even reply, but in case he wants, I'll leave the topic open for him.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Waxhead

I guess it's my turn to open my big mouth now...

It is LPChip's who owns the website and host the forum so he make the rules. This website is free of use and everyone should respect that. This community is here only because the website exists and that because someone owns it.

I think it was right of LPChip to lock the topic just to stop the discussion if it's true that someone got a fu*k off message via private mail. Locking the topic prevents more comments on a issue that might cause a flame war between two people that might escalate into other topics on this forum.
(this does not mean that I agree with all of LPChip's locks / bans but I do respect it since it's his site. I would maybe do the same on my forum if such a thing should happen).

If people disagree on a forum they should (as long as they are behaving in a adult and polite manner) be allowed to argue and work things out. If people do start to use a very bad tone the topic should be closed to avoid making to many people involved who often makes the situation worse.
Therefore I would like for this topic to be closed as well

georg: I really think you blew it with that private message but quitting once things are not as you like does not make you any different to LPChip (who apparently closes topics when he does not like them).
Instead of working out your problems with that person via private mail you do instead SPAM that person making him react in public. Perhaps this person reacted in public to avoid more stupid non constructive messages like the one you sent.
That being said I did not read through all of your posts but I don't think you pushed things to far (in public) to be honest.

lpchip: I would probably have done the same as you but I still think it's a good idea to let people "mess up a little bit more" before closing topics (or banning people).

edit:LPChip beat my post with a few seconds it seems ;)

georg

I don't abuse people or act like an asshole or flame or suffer from a swollen ego. Given my irregular appearances people might not know that but it is true. This topic might seem like egomania and i might appear as some dumb jerk who insists on arguing pointless but sensitive subjects then goes to whine about freedom of speech...but nah. I'm an ass allright, but not that kind of ass.

It's been a while since i've stopped enjoying this community. LPChip's lockdown just made me realise that i now dislike it. Can't a guy say that? That's what i said. I sure as hell don't make people read forum posts, and i sure as hell don't make them respond with their insight, opinions and quips. I know how people get touchy when things get personal, but things just get personal sometimes, why pretend? I've been seriously annoyed by a moderator and called him out, that's what this thread is about, not personal attacks or rants. Is it important? It was for me. For you? I'm not sure how important or interesting it is, but there have been a few good posts so it can't be all bad.

Anyway...whoever said "Let's move on" was right.
I'll never make sword-chucks...
Update - 2013 I still havent made sword-chuks.
Update - 2021 What the hell are sword-chuks? :((

KrazyKatz

You can still make your point without foul language and derogatory name calling. Its unfitting here. This forum isn't our right, its our privilege.
Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com

LPChip

I think everything has been said.

We should end this. So I'm a Nazi forum moderator, and Georg doesn't like modplug.

Well, then so be it. Lets go on with our lives. Locking this one (with permission from Georg btw)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs