[GAME] Good News Bad News

Started by SoundCrafter, January 17, 2007, 23:09:07

Previous topic - Next topic

bvanoudtshoorn

Good News: Later on tonight, I will (theoretically) have finished the first draft of my thesis! Without ads!  ::)

rncekel

Bad news: But it will be just a first draft!

Saga Musix

Good News: But the draft will lead him to something!
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Really Weird Person

Bad News:  He may forget what he wants to write by the time he gets on to doing it or may forget while in the process of writing it!

bvanoudtshoorn

Been there before.

Good News: I installed a package for LaTeX that allows me to use highlighting, and I have yellow TODO lines scattered around the document, telling me what to write where. :)

residentgrey

Bad News: The version of LaTEX installed WINDOWS printer drivers by mistake!
No two people are not on fire...AWWW!

Web and Graphic Design just for you!
I r GhostMech on there, forever scouting.

rncekel

Good news: Good moment to move to Ubuntu

Saga Musix

Bad News: But Ubuntu doesn't support OpenMPT natively!
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

Good news: But OpenMPT isn't required to write the thesis anyway
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

bvanoudtshoorn

Bad News: But I like Fedora more than Ubuntu!

Really Weird Person

I am not sure what kind of good news would go with that one. Linux will not run properly on my computer, so I am sticking with Windows [Vista]. I am not sure how Ubuntu's screen reader operates anyway. VoiceOver (Mac OS' screen reader) is pretty much just that, a SCREEN READER! I am not sure exactly how that would help someone who is blind! It does not appear to be improved in Leopard either! Those cats, they eat you whole! At least Microsoft gives you a nice view of your neighborhood! :lol: At least from XP to Vista is an accessibility improvement. Tiger to Leopard is a color change and that is about it.

LPChip

Good news: But it doesn't matter that you like Fedora over Ubuntu anyway, cus that won't help you with your Thesis in any way.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

bvanoudtshoorn

Bad News: My soundcard doesn't work in any flavour of Linux right now, so whenever I start up my Java program that I wrote for my thesis, I have to wait a few minutes for it to realise that it can't hook through to a soundcard. So I run it under Windows. :(

Really Weird Person

Good news:  It sounds like it works in Windows. Have you tried Mac OS? The newest version of that is Mr. Spotty 10.5 (That is 10½ BTW for those of you who speak mixed number as opposed decimals). I wonder what kind of cat Apple will tame and train to eat people whole next. Perhaps they will start moving to dogs starting with gray wolves!

Saga Musix

Bad News: This threads has been inactive for quite a long time, so we still don't know if barry's soundcard works in Linux now!