Main Menu

Codelists

Started by Sam_Zen, January 11, 2007, 01:50:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam_Zen

In the course of years I gathered some data about the technical aspects of tracking. According to my stats a small, but constant amount of visitors is interested in this. So I decided to bundle all links to the relevant files on one spot :
Command-list of the IT-format
32 x 32 Icons of MPT and OMPT
Command-list of the S3M-format
About using VST plugins
Syntax for Module Plugin in HTML file
Command-list of the XM-format
Syntax order of XM-file
Syntax order of IT-file
Syntax order of MOD-file

LPChip

"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

kit beats

Yes, this is verry nice. in the old times i checked the ft2 readme:-)

till this time i only used :

C-5 01  10 ...
... ..  20 ...
... ..  30 ...
... ..  40 ...
... ..  50 205
C-5 01 50 105

or

C-5 01   C00...
... ..   ...
... ..   ...
... ..   ...
... ..   C80
C-5 01  

:nuts:

This is something im going to check..maybe some tips here?
I dont know the commands, what they do.
"get the piece sounding pristine." - KrazyKats
..Like this one, definatly got the Sam Zen
individuality in it... - Asharin

pelya

MPT has lot of online resources here on forum, but has no help file included in installation (the one that old Modplug has is outdated).
The best I think is to put all this info into MPT WIKI and pack whole html tree in some zip file which would launch by F1 keypress.
That's a lot of work to browse all forums and put all info and tips into WIKI (and also translate French WIKI which has screenshots). Another topic should be added to WIKI: "The Miraculous Features of MPT I Didn't Knew About Despite Using It For Years" :wink: . There's alot of undocumented and un-obvious things in MPT.

kit beats

Quote from: "pelya"That's a lot of work to browse all forums and put all info and tips into WIKI (and also translate French WIKI which has screenshots).

Your verry right..all in one is easyer!

I just print the xm commands from Sam_zen so i can play  :D

Sam_Zen

2 Samplekit
You can check on an existing pattern with which command you are dealing with, by placing the cursor on the code. Then the statusbar at the bottom shows the name of the relevant function.

2 pelya
Of course a complete wiki would be nice, but I'm not sure about this 'all in one' concept. See the action of Samplekit to print out some list. It seems simpler to do this with a small, dedicated file.

But I think "The Miraculous Features of MPT I Didn't Knew About Despite Using It For Years" is a great idea. And you're right about the undocumented and un-obvious things. A lot of such items are scattered around on this whole forum I guess.
Useful tips and tricks. Simple solutions for small problems. Un-obvious use of OMPT itself

mrvegas

Yes, indeed -- thanks Sam.  It's nice to have this material from your website.  Your site has a lot of great tracking information, and I found your software lists interesting too.

Sam_Zen

A correction on my post mentioning "The Miraculous Features of MPT I Didn't Knew About Despite Using It For Years" by pelya
because I forgot to paste this line of my reply :
"Maybe we should gather such info into a new thread in this TechDocs to begin with."

2 LPChip
You're right about the wiki, but as yourself, I don't have time to contribute also in a wiki, so I concentrate on the forum.

2 mrvegas
Thanks for your kind words. I like to do something back for free apps.

Sam_Zen

Anybody who downloaded the file "it_cmdset.txt" can confirm this kind of representation with an ascii viewer ?

älskling

Yes. Many instances of ù.

LPChip

Yes, and it is to be expected, because the codepage for windows has changed from the one used in dos.

IIRC, Dos used to use codepage 143 and windows uses codepage 850. This codepage changes the font slightly, but even worse, notepad does use a windows font. I believe that setting the font in notepad to terminal will view the document correctly.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

Quote from: "LPChip"Yes, and it is to be expected, because the codepage for windows has changed from the one used in dos.

IIRC, Dos used to use codepage 143 and windows uses codepage 850. This codepage changes the font slightly, but even worse, notepad does use a windows font. I believe that setting the font in notepad to terminal will view the document correctly.
no, on the contrary! a german DOS would have used codepage 850, an american DOS would have used cp 437... You could download the DAMN nfo viewer, it was made to view NFO files which often contain ascii art in the DOS codepages, you can also use it to view other DOS documents.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Sam_Zen

I didn't care so much viewing this, but I don't like to offer crappy files.
LPChip notion about notepad, made me try something with my EditPad. And found the way to correct this.
I converted OEM -> ANSI, and saved the file again. The ùùùùùù's were gone and replaced by the proper char.
I updated the zipfile.

LPChip

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"I didn't care so much viewing this, but I don't like to offer crappy files.
LPChip notion about notepad, made me try something with my EditPad. And found the way to correct this.
I converted OEM -> ANSI, and saved the file again. The ùùùùùù's were gone and replaced by the proper char.
I updated the zipfile.

Great :)

But I believe that setting the font in notepad to terminal will display the correct chars. Testing it now...

Edit, confirmed. it now shows as
­··· ·· ·· G12

kit beats

maybe its written but i cant find:

Is it possible to make a doll sound to full sound in code?
(do i mean equalizer or?)

Regards,