Main Menu

Codelists

Started by Sam_Zen, January 11, 2007, 01:50:09

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

You could try using Zxx to set the filter, but its highly recommended to use VST's for this purpose. The quality will be far better and easier to set too.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Sam_Zen

The URLs in the first post were no longer valid, so I corrected that.
Added a file about the MOD format.

Sam_Zen

I've explored some exotic codes in the range of X9xx (XM) or S9xx (IT).
You can find the testfile here

First the code 91, with the closing 90.
It's called 'surround' mode, but of course it's not. It just expands the panoramic impression.

Then code 99, also disabled by 90.
Adding reverb. (So I wondered : which reverb ?)
This effect appears to come from the Setup/Player setting. (while the Reverb is disabled !)
So, to hear a plain difference, before playing this module : Choose reverb 'Stone corridor' on max.

Plus code 98, causing an reverse playing, also closed by the next 90.

g

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"First the code 91, with the closing 90.
It's called 'surround' mode, but of course it's not. It just expands the panoramic impression.
It inverts one of the stereo channels to send the sound to the surround channel on a Dolby pro-logic system. On a 4 channel surround system, it should output to the rear channels.

Saga Musix

Sam_Zen, your explorations are not quite right, and since ModPlug even has this nice drop-down list with all effects listed, I wonder if it's really so complicated to just read the effects in this list?

Here's a complete (and correct) list of all S9x/X9x effects:
90: Surround Off
91: Surround On
98: Reverb Off
99: Reverb On
9A: Center Surround: Use this to restore Quad Surround
9B: Quad Surround: Pan in the rear channels using the panning commands. This affects allchannels but the effect will only appear as soon as the 91 command is called on a channel.
9C: Global Filters (filters are reset with full cutoff and no resonance, default mode)
9D: Local Filters (MPT mode, filters are reset with every note)
9E: Play sample forwards
9F: Play sample backwards

A few more remarks:
- Don't use any of those effects with XM format, since they are ModPlug extensions
- Don't use any of those effects but S91 with IT format (use the X effect for resetting), since they are ModPlug extensions (in both cases, XMPlay actually understands 9C-9F, so if you can use some of them)
- Do not use reverb because it is one of the worst things MPT has ever done the module formats: It just enables/disables a reverb effect, but you don't know which one: The user can select from various reverb presets in the player settings.

Edit: Fixed remakes
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

Or better remarks to Jojo's list:

Only use these, if you're going to render your module to MP3 eventually and spread that. Don't spread the source, but even in that case, its better if you can find a VST plugin that'll do it for you the right way.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Sam_Zen

Quote from: "g"It inverts one of the stereo channels to send the sound to the surround channel
I know, but for working in stereo it just makes the panorama 'wider'.

QuoteOn a 4 channel surround system, it should output to the rear channels
It should, and it does. I tested the module with Foobar2000, which has a 4 channel volume bar (I use a 4 channel system).

Quote from: "Jojo"I wonder if it's really so complicated to just read the effects in this list?
hm. I don't fancy you irony here. But you're right, I missed the Reverb off code.
Do mind, I didn't advise to use any of these effects, I am just exploring things.

Quote..It just enables/disables a reverb effect, but you don't know which one..
Well, I could be ironic here too. I wrote :
"This effect appears to come from the Setup/Player setting. (while the Reverb is disabled !)"

residentgrey

notepad++ can view nfo type files just fine.
No two people are not on fire...AWWW!

Web and Graphic Design just for you!
I r GhostMech on there, forever scouting.

LPChip

Quote from: residentgrey on November 26, 2010, 02:17:34
notepad++ can view nfo type files just fine.
Now there's some necromancy...