[RnB/Easy Listening] Properties of Knowledge (.ogg)

Started by LPChip, October 29, 2006, 11:47:56

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

I've made another live recording. This time while playing with drums in the background at a constant 90 bpm. Like the previous piece, its entirelly improvised. Since I'm not used to play with drums in the background, you can expect some wrong keys here and there... Sorry 'bout that  :oops:

The song could easilly be a credits part for a movie, but it can be that its another style. I was twisting between Pop, RnB and Hiphop.

I hope you like it :)

Name: Properties of Knowledge
Size: 4 mb
Length: 5:05
Played using: Roland FP-2
http://lpchip.com/download/LPChip-PropertiesOfKnowledge.ogg

PS. This song was recorded with a lower volume so I could normalise after the recording was done. So you shouldn't find clipping in the song, and its still loud enough to enjoy it :)

Feedback is always welcome :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Sam_Zen

It's nice to listen to, but I don't get much of an impression of improvisation, because in many parts the piano plays unisono with the strings. Maybe these sounds are coupled on the Roland, I don't know.

LPChip

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"It's nice to listen to, but I don't get much of an impression of improvisation, because in many parts the piano plays unisono with the strings. Maybe these sounds are coupled on the Roland, I don't know.

Yeah it is. The beat is a rythm and the piano/strings have been selected to play with.

I chose this combinatino because the piano sounds first and if the note is being held, the string will come up and the piano fades into the strings. This gets nice results.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs