.45 .xi instruments automatically pan to 32

Started by KrazyKatz, September 28, 2006, 16:42:01

Previous topic - Next topic

KrazyKatz

When loading a .xi instrument, the samples automatically pan to 32. This effects the panning in the envelope menu should you choose to use an alternative panning. If you unselect the panning in the sample menu, it automatically reselects it back to 32.
Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com

LPChip

Isn't that a limitation of the .xi format, and furthermore the xm format?

Btw, what version of mpt have you tested this? and please use the .?? to enter the version number next time.

EDIT: Closing this one, poster doesn't answer my PM regarding the version, so I edited .45 in it and closing it.

You may open it again by replying the version if desired.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

LPChip

Quote from: "KrazyKatz"Im sorry about the long delay. I'd like the topic re-opened. I'll just clarify the issue:

With .xi instruments:
The panning setting in the INSTRUMENTS panel will not over-ride the pannings set in the in the SAMPLES menu. One has to unselect every single panning setting to each sample in order to get the INSTRUMENTS panning to work. This can  mean a  LOT of work on big projects.

I have tested it on 1.17.02.28 as well as on 1.17.02.45.

Once again sorry for the delay.
Thanks

KrazyKatz
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

speed-goddamn-focus

I suggest that when creating your xi instruments, you uncheck the panning in the samples window before saving the xis. that way, you only do it once. sample panning also overrides channel panning iirc.

georg

This is exactley why i dislike using the XM format. Different effects are another reason.
I'll never make sword-chucks...
Update - 2013 I still havent made sword-chuks.
Update - 2021 What the hell are sword-chuks? :((

LPChip

Another one of those bugs that I'm not sure if its worth keeping open. Rewbs, what do you think?

LPChip

KrazyKatze, can you confirm that the bug has been fixed?

LPChip

Due to a long period of silence, I'm going to close the bug. Feel free to post in this topic to reopen it, if you find issues.