[soft rock] Voice Of The Fate (mp3)

Started by Kosztya, August 23, 2006, 18:39:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Kosztya

This song is written with OMPT by me.
First time I wanted to do it harder, but I hadn't good guitar samples for it so in this way it was softer.

To tell the truth I am not statisfied with the sound of this samples (not very bad, bud not good)!

I hope, that helping of the plugins I can do more authentic ones next time!

Important: Sometime the song seems to be monotonous a little, because there is no lyrics recorded in this version.
Please listen to it!

Title: Voice Of The Fate

Link: http://woodysroom.com/music/kosztya/voiceofthefate.mp3

Sam_Zen

I've nothing against monotonous or instrumental. But if you find some parts monotonous yourself, well, change some note of some basic sequence once in a while, I would say. A slight bend or decay could be sufficient.

Sample quality is ok by me, but I heard one (a guitar ?) around 0:25 which seems to have a nasty tick at the start.

The change with the more nature-like sounds at 3:35 is nice and sounds promising, but it appears to be more like a kind of single interlude. Panorama is a bit narrow, but maybe meant to be.

Kosztya

apple-joe

Commenting as I'm listening. Playful - in a compositional context - intro. Yet, dark when it comes to the tonality. Quite enjoyable. Now some additional leads appeared - fits nicely. There is something about the sound / samples I react on. They sound very direct. I'm mainly thinking about some of the 'effect' sounds. That said, maybe it's your idea. Now the melody returned after a variation. Around 3:30 - nice water effect. It slows down a bit, great for dynamics. Perhaps my favourite part this far. At the moment I hear the water effect, a droning sound and a guitar sounding instrument. A few seconds after 5:00 it sounds to build up again. Even though the slow break helped a lot, I have to say that you could vary more on a general level. The guitar has been going pretty much the same from the beginning? At least when it comes to the atmosphere it provides. Musically, it's nice sounding, but perhaps a bit too long? A little more variations could spice it up even more. By the wat, let me closingly add that I liked the percussion very much.

Kosztya

Apple-joe
I have red your reply. I am glad, that you find this song to be enjoyabla.
I see, that you have some question.

QuoteThe guitar has been going pretty much the same from the beginning?
(To tell the truth I had to use dictionary in some place, but I hope, that I understand correctly your question  :oops: ).
The lead guitar is built up from three simple guitar samples on three channels. The acoustic guitar is one guitar sample, on four channels.
Pattrens:
At 05:23 when the water and wind effect finish, and the song returns I use a new pattern (which is the last new one) with the same samples. When it is changed you can heard the same patterns which can be found in the beginning of the song.

QuoteMusically, it's nice sounding, but perhaps a bit too long?
Yes, it is true, but very important:
When I wrote this song, I wanted to write lyrics as well. When I finished the song I wasn't statisfied with it, because I wanted it to be harder, so I didn't write lyrycs.
According to my plan the next places would have include lyrics:
-from 01:49 to 02:50
-from 05:55 to 07:28
Together with it this song would be an instrumental one in most of part, but wouldn't seem to be so long (and monotonous), I think.

apple-joe

Yeah - the song itself isn't too long, but the guitar part... it's very... suffering from a little lack of variation I think, but that's me. I might give it another listen soon, to verify. Keep on creating music!

Asharin

to give the guitar parts a 'heavier' sound, have you considered using a VST plugin?
I use Amplitube and it's awesome for making weak guitar samples sound good.
I use the latest paid for version, but I believe they have a free 'classic' version available called Amplitube Uno http://www.amplitube.com/Main.html?ATDownload

Though I have to admit i don't use it with samples, I use it with stingstudio VSTi, but it's a pretty cool VST for any use, hell I've even used it on vocals  :shock:
I am Dyslexic of Borg, resemblance is fertile, your ass will be laminated.

Kosztya

Hi Asharin!

I have red your reply only now.
This song (Voice Of The Fate) doesn't include VSTi or other plugins. I used only "samples" in this song.
My new album will be making with plugins (I hope that it will guarantee a better quality).
Thank you for the link, I will see it!

Kosztya

Oh! I see, that there are a lot of wievers of my song :oops:  (I hope that it was downloaded and listened as well :oops: )

I'm waiting for the replies both negative and positive.
 :wink: