Schism Tracker

Started by Louigi Verona, August 18, 2006, 08:06:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Louigi Verona

KrazyKatz

There are a couple of alternate trackers out there, but why bother making new inferior ones? From my experience Modplug rules the Tracking scene.
Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com

Relabsoluness

Louigi Verona

QuoteI don't remember ever using Impulse Tracker

That's probably the reason that you are not used to it. Schism has the same keyboard shortcuts and stuff, same controls, look and feeling. It uses mpt engine, so the quality is okay.

LPChip

Its quite funny how I never wanted to switch to MPT as I was soo happy with IT. When I had no choise and had to switch to MPT, I got so used to MPT that when I finally found a way to get IT working again, it felt dull and small :)

this program however is a very good "update" of IT, although I shouldn't call it that way... MPT just has everything I desire.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Dictator

I tried Impulse Tracker before I found MPT, and I was impressed. I thought with IT "I didn't know that tracking is this hard". But MPT changed everything. I have no need for any other tracker.