Some Thuggestions for a Modplug Tracker change & additio

Started by Really Weird Person, August 03, 2006, 23:59:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Really Weird Person

Here are some thuggestions for a change & an addition for Modplug Tracker.

The change is that the song length (under the approximate song length dialogue) could be in hours, minutes, and seconds (the seconds may not be needed, but that would be neat). The addition is just for the fun and coolness of it. It is an addition of milliseconds on the time display (on the bottom). Like I said, that is just for the fun of it.

LPChip

Im not so sure if the developers are going to put time and effort in making a feature that was just ment to be "just for fun". Remember, they also have a life and do the tweaking and features as a hobby. Therefor the additions should really contribute to the program.

I'm not entirelly sure how the display is now, but I believe its like mintes:seconds (even if over an hour)

I think this is sufficient enough. If you have over an hour song, you can easilly calculate how much hours it is, besides, I doubt you'd end up making a song over 3 hours which is where calculating could be handier if it would've been automated.

Not to dismiss your idea, but I think its not that necessary.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

DavidN

Why on Earth would you need an "hours" display on the song length dialog? Unless you're Dream Theater of course.