Your cool MPT stories.

Started by me_mantis, July 31, 2006, 20:14:22

Previous topic - Next topic

me_mantis

Everyone has been using mpt since forever, so you probably have some cool stories about it.
Heres mine.

I was helping with a massive play that my church was doing. I was on the fog effects team, so me and a few other guys would basically chill and play with (sometimes eat) dry ice.

One guy brought an old laptop with him, and we played some cool freeware games on it. (www.ufoot.org)

I noticed that he had mpt on his computer.. although it was a very old version, it was there.
I spent a few minutes working out the baseline, and threw in some drums.
When tha guys who's laptop I had been workin on heard tha song, he was amazed... He didn't know he had mpt on his computer.
Either way he didn't have any means of getting the song off his pc, so I remembered everthing I had put into the song, and when I got home remade the whole thing.

Later when I saw him again, he was amazed that I had the song on my mp3 player =)
<>< <>< <>< <><

mikosoft

Nice one. COuld you put the song somewhere? We'd love to hear it :D
Believe in Him and be free.

KrazyKatz

I found MPT on an old thrown out Hard drive...

That was over 6 years ago...
Now I want to go on to compose for Hollywood!
Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com

me_mantis

I suppose I should get that song up, but its not amazing, so I havn't yet..
I did decide to release some songs when modplug gets back up, but I'm not gonna upload anything I'll later regret. I won't regret this1 =)

Maybe I'll get to it tomorrow.

but for now, you may enjoy this cool frame from a video I'm making.
Click here to view the picture

nice sig mikosoft.

Krazy... I've be m-pluggin for over 5 years, and I've written one song that will be the Theme of a TV show.(unfortunatly not with mpt)
I will probably do some tv tunes with mpt this fall, and I'll see if I can UL them fer y'all.

I am shooting a cool 11 page script I wrote, but I'm looking for a good artist who may want to try their hand at cinimatic mptrackin.
Although I've done some theme work its a pretty big project.

Edit by Mod: changed picture into clickable link, as it was screwing up the layout of the forum. (horizontal scrollbars sucks :P)
<>< <>< <>< <><

KrazyKatz

QuoteI am shooting a cool 11 page script I wrote, but I'm looking for a good artist who may want to try their hand at cinimatic mptrackin.
Although I've done some theme work its a pretty big project.

Im currently allready involved in composing for two movies, so time is a bit of an issue. If its in the long term than we could definitely see.

Be interesting to hear the themes you made... you say you never used Modplug... so what did you use?
Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com

me_mantis

I have been using mpt for a while, but I havn't used any of my songs for TV.

I got Magix Midi Studio 2005 for free after rebates, and I made a TV show theme song with that.

I'll probably use mpt for professional tune sooner er later.

Are you making movie themes with mpt?
<>< <>< <>< <><

anboi

wow, lots of folk using for film and stuff! i just did a soundtrack for a short film using modplug too (although i used cubase a lot to get the timings right)

LPChip

I guess my coolest story ever was the fact that I've met Atlantis in real life.

I know its not MPT related, but it was MODPlug that got me to know him in the first place :)

And I guess we did tracked together :P
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Atlantis

Quote from: "LPChip"I guess my coolest story ever was the fact that I've met Atlantis in real life.

I know its not MPT related, but it was MODPlug that got me to know him in the first place :)

And I guess we did tracked together :P
I guess that's my coolest MPT story too.
Put an end to the loudness war. Don't limit or compress your mixdown until mastering; leave the master channel alone.

http://www.facebook.com/atlanteanrecords