Music Hosting (Free)

Started by JRWR, July 14, 2006, 19:58:52

Previous topic - Next topic

JRWR

I want to give back to you guys for expressing your artistic skills in making music, so im setting up free (as in beer) hosting, im allowing 55megs of space per user and you can upload anything you want, and since i want to keep spam out here is how its going to work,

You send me a Email with the Subject " ModPlug Music Hosting Sign-up"
(This way it wont get mixed in with the other emails in my inbox)
Inside that email you give me your Fullname and Username on modplug central fourms, i'll email you back the next day or sooner and i will add you to a list, then when you have the music you want hosted just drop me a email with the music attached, (Subject line as: <Username> - Music Upload) then ill email you with your URL to the music file (eg: http://woodysroom.com/music/username/music.s3m )
Ive got some 5TB of space and 250TB of Bandwith a month, i know it sounds like a alot of work but its there for you to use, soon ill have web based uploading
My Email is : JRWR00 *at* GMAIL *dot* COM
"Making The world a better place should be every one's job, but sometimes I feel like I'm doing it alone" - Forrest Fuqua

LPChip

Although this is about free music, its not directly free music.

For that reason, I'm moving it to General Chatter.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Squirrel Havoc

Wow, that's down right kind of you, sir. I never minded hosting a song or 2 for the new people on here, but I couldnt imagine hosting for everyone who wanted (although I got the space and BW).
Anyone can do anything if they have nothing else to do
-
Most musicians are talented. I'm just determined.

JRWR

My bad for putting it in the worng fourm and also, i forgot of all things my email address
"Making The world a better place should be every one's job, but sometimes I feel like I'm doing it alone" - Forrest Fuqua

KrazyKatz

Interesting... Im usually a little sceptical of Free stuff... Dont suppose you could outline more clearly why you're choosing to do this? Im all for it, just seems somewhat odd.. Do you want to have the benefit of hearing cool tunes, while paying pack by hosting?
Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com

LPChip

Quote from: "KrazyKatz"Interesting... Im usually a little sceptical of Free stuff... Dont suppose you could outline more clearly why you're choosing to do this? Im all for it, just seems somewhat odd.. Do you want to have the benefit of hearing cool tunes, while paying pack by hosting?

At first I had the same feeling, but as far as I can see, there are no black holes. Otherwise this topic would've been deleted already :P
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

JRWR

haha you found me out, i just want to get my Playlist a little bigger, i always loved Scene Music, and the way Trackers worked, i like giving to the people just for the kudos too, and i HATE wasting something i paid for, i feel just letting it sit there is wasting it, so if i help a few people out, ill feel like its going to a better use then now, just for a FYI here are the things i host on that server

My Blog,
A Squad Website
MPlayer Weekly CVS Win32 Builds
A Small Chat room,
A RPG
And a host of other projects im running