VST Instruments

Started by random user, June 07, 2023, 07:52:20

Previous topic - Next topic

random user

Hi. I'm using the Alchemy synth plugin on OpenMPT and over time i increase the volume of the plugin, it just sounds distorted. Is there a way to fix it?

sso

i tried using kontakt 7 (player) and it only has vst3 and mpt doesnt recognize it. (interestingly some other vst3´s do work.)

any fix coming for this or ? 

Saga Musix

Quote from: random user on June 07, 2023, 07:52:20Hi.I'm using the Alchemy synth plugin on OpenMPT and over increase the volume of the plugin, it just sounds distorted. Is there a way to fix it?
If OpenMPT's VU meters are constantly in the red, your mix is too loud and it will result in distortion. If that is the case, you need to lower the volume or apply a limiter plugin.

Quote from: sso on June 07, 2023, 16:13:41i tried using kontakt 7 (player) and it only has vst3 and mpt doesnt recognize it. (interestingly some other vst3´s do work.)

any fix coming for this or ? 
Please don't hijack other people's threads to ask your unrelated questions.
That said, a search for VST3 on this forum will give you the answer (nothing will happen for the time being and it is unlikely to change due to the licensing situation of the VST3 SDK).
Some VST3 plugins will work with OpenMPT because they provide a VST2 entry point as well. I think Steinberg removed this option in recent versions of the VST SDK.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.