Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V/Ctrl-X not working (under Wine)

Started by InfinitelyRecurringPatter, May 16, 2023, 04:49:53

Previous topic - Next topic

InfinitelyRecurringPatter

Hello! I'm running OpenMPT under Wine and I've noticed that the usual copy-paste-cut keybindings do not work, while others such as selecting the channel (CTRL+L) work just fine. And I've checked it in the keybindings menu and they are set properly.
Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Saga Musix

I tried this on Wine 8.5.0 and it's working just fine here. I guess there is two possible problems:
- The shortcut is recognized but the clipboard integration in Wine is somehow broken
- The shortcut is overridden from the outside. Maybe depends on the desktop environment?

Can you check if changing the copy/paste shortcuts to some other known-working key combination makes them work?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

The clipboard integration seems fine, as the commands work via the toolbar or the context menu, and using the keybindings under Alt-X/Alt-C/Alt-V also work fine.
The shortcut could be getting overridden from outside then, but I've tried running wine's Notepad (under the same prefix) and the keybindings work fine over there.
Then I set the keybindings back to Ctrl-X/Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V, and they worked! But the problem comes back after restarting OpenMPT.

Saga Musix

If you hit those key combinations while you're in the shortcut finder (i.e. the input field labelled "Key:"), are the key combinations registered at all, and are the corresponding shortcuts found?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Saga Musix

The only remaining thing on OpenMPT's side that I could imagine then is that for whatever reason it thinks your keyboard focus is on an edit field, in which case shortcuts that should typically be usable in a text field (Ctrl+A/X/C/V, Home, End, cursor keys) are ignored. But if that was the case, you should also not be able to use cursor keys for navigating the pattern editor, for example.

Can you maybe download an older 1.30 build of OpenMPT and see if the shortcuts still work there?

They don't seem to work over there either, sadly.
Thanks for the help, anyways! Since the Alt-X/Alt-C/Alt-V combination is working, I'll use that.

farvardin

Quote from: InfinitelyRecurringPatter on May 16, 2023, 04:49:53Hello! I'm running OpenMPT under Wine and I've noticed that the usual copy-paste-cut keybindings do not work
Does anyone know what could be causing this?

I've add this problem, also the function and some arrows keys didn't work correctly. I couldn't also use CTRL + S to save. (it would enter a note instead)

I've fixed it by removing my ~/.wine/drive_c/users/user/Application Data/OpenMPT folder, AND by setting with winecfg a windows drive letter (X: or Z: or whatever) assigned to the root (/). If I don't do this, then after deleting the app data openmpt folder, I get the wizard, and when I select a keyboard layout, I get a "Unix\path" not found error. If I have a windows letter like X: linked to / then openMPT can use it. If it's not set, it's still possible to browse on the system (to load another key layout or music files), but there will be other problems.