After 10 years working in DAW, I back in OpenMPT... And this is great! :)

Started by Emil Nikitin, April 16, 2023, 15:36:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Emil Nikitin

About 10 years ago, I decided to learn FL Studio and write music in it, in principle I liked it, but the speed of work was very slow. Over time, I began to notice that I simply did not want to launch FL Studio, because it took too long to load my projects, I began to write only 8-10 tracks a year. And recently I decided to return to OpenMPT, and in a month I have already made 5 tracks :)) In OpenMPT, I work faster and more efficiently than in DAW. Wondering if anyone has the same experience?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english, it's not my first language

Saga Musix

» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Vojvodinosaurus

To me it's logical that work is done quicker on a tracker than a modern daw, and without losing on quality*
*(by that i mean your song made on openmpt in a short period can sound as good or even better than that made on fl studio on a long(er) period)
!IMPORTANT!
You are allowed to remix my songs ONLY in TRANCE/GOA/PSYTRANCE GENRE and NO Trap HiHat Rolls PLEASE
My stuff: https://alonetone.com/vojvodinosaurus

LPChip

My workflow is as fast in my DAW as it is in OpenMPT. My projects are big in both programs, so they equally load slow. OpenMPT is only marginally faster as it just launches faster, so for me it no longer matters if something is slow or fast, that I go for one or the other.

Also, I use midi recording most of the time which works better with a DAW, but for me the question really is, what kind of project do I want to make, and choose which program I will work in based on that.

I just get very different music with OpenMPT than I get with my DAW.

But the DAW that I use definitely makes a difference too. I used to use EnergyXT and that workflow was slow. I now use BitWig Studio, and that workflow is fast. FL Studio is indeed even slower.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

chr15m

I'm in the same boat. Came back to OpenMPT after years away and thanks to the hard work of the amazing devs I discover I can do all kinds of stuff I never could before. So grateful!