OpenMPT no longer compatible with ASIO driver?

Started by Polaris911, March 15, 2021, 14:48:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Polaris911

I have been having a lot of problems with latency in OpenMPT, even maxing out my latency to 250 ms using WASAPI driver. This amount of latency makes editing difficult and there is still stuttering during playback. My song has ~65 VSTs in it, only 3 of them are 32-bit. The song was written on another machine and now I am trying to finish it on a new machine I just built.

In the past, I've been able to use ASIO driver (Asio4all v2) to overcome this. But with the newer version of MPT, the ASIO driver no longer seems to work on 2 different computers I've tested (1 running Win8 and a new one with Win10). I can assign the ASIO driver, and playback works. But as soon I press STOP on the tracker, everything crashes. I get error messages "The plugin threw an exception (C0000005) in processReplacing. It has automatically been set to "Bypass". (Plugin: TAL-NoiseMaker)" If I click OK, I keep getting popups for every plugin in the song (not just Tal Noisemaker). Then I get a crash message "Internal error occured at... MainFrm.cpp(643): ASSERT failed in [SoundSourceUnlock]". Then the program crashes. I tried changing ASIO driver to Stop, Pause and Play Silence when stopped, but still crashes.

Polaris911

You can disregard my post, I seem to have figured out the crash was related to Tal Noisemaker plugin. It appears the new versions cause a crash in OpenMPT when using ASIO4All drivers. But I found an older version DLL of this plugin that seems to be working fine.

Saga Musix

I'll have a look what goes wrong with the newer Noisemaker versions, however please note that ASIO4All gives absolutely no advantages over using WaveRT in OpenMPT directly, because that's exactly what ASIO4All is using as well.

Edit: I tried ASIO4All with a module using the latest TAL-Noisemaker and there was no crash.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.