Thank you!

Started by LPChip, June 14, 2006, 08:55:48

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

I know I don't have to make this post, but I do so anyway.

I'd like to thank everyone of you for posting here.

I know I do it because its something that needs to be done, but you guys do it without being asked to stay. Ofcource it is nice to come here, but nevertheless, I'd like to thank you all.

Also, I'd like to thank Rewbs and Relabsoluness for dedicating free time to develop Modplug Tracker.

Guys, you're the best!
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Squirrel Havoc

I stayed because when I first posted back in 99, everyone was so nice, and I felt welcome. So I kept coming back, rarely have I ever even had a question about MPT or needed tech support  :lol:
Anyone can do anything if they have nothing else to do
-
Most musicians are talented. I'm just determined.

LPChip

Quote from: "Squirrel Havoc"I stayed because when I first posted back in 99, everyone was so nice, and I felt welcome. So I kept coming back, rarely have I ever even had a question about MPT or needed tech support  :lol:

:)

For me initially it was the same reason. It changed when I became the webmaster. Since I have the resources available etc, it is more of a hobby now. I really like to do it, but it are you guys who make it all possible.

Sure, I can do tech support to those who need it, but the community is all that what is around the tech support. For instance, all these compo's. Great!
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

speed-goddamn-focus

I LOVE YOU TOO!

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

xaimus

You're not a pretty lady!

DavidN

We love you too, LPChip ;)

LPChip

Awww :) Thank you guys!

Waxhead

I might as well throw in a few words:

I try to visit this forum at least twice every week. The reason for that I that this is a board with many users and a friendly attitude. Also I know that many of those here at this forum will smile from ear to ear because of one or more of the following:

VIC20, C64, SID, Amiga, Paula, ProTracker, NoiseTracker, MOS, SoundTracker, Turbotape, 1541, Move.l $4.w,A6 , 6510, 68000, BCHG #1,$BFEC01 , 38911, Sys 64738, Press play on tape, etc.. etc... etc...

I'm pretty sure that many of you recognize some of the stuff mentioned above and even if it perhaps sounds a bit stupid I have to admidt that knowing that someone else than just me can relate to some of the stuff i mentioned abowe makes me feel a bit at home here!
And one of the most important things for me is that someone have continued Olivers work. Therefore I would also like to say thanks to all of those of you who have contributed with either code, music, bandwidth, gigabytes, fileformat and whatever for in the year 2006 making it possible to still enjoy using trackers!

... and oh I almost forgot: The fact that the site admin takes the time to say thank you to us really brightens the day :D

mikosoft

You're welcome  :lol:
(although I am kind of irregular here nowadays)
Believe in Him and be free.

SoundCrafter

Anytime, chipster!  Everyone on this forum kicks ass.
@mikosoft: Get some metamucil for that irregularity of yours. :lol:
---Formerly known as ---DjBj---. changed names for lots of reasons.
BooT-SectoR-ViruZ is the new Skaven and the whole world'z goin' to Hell.
Lowpass filter! Perform a generic type of dodge!!! :lol:
Everyone should get on this forum's chatroom RIGHT NOW...still not sure why, though.

LPChip

Some people do not realise this: A community needs to be maintained. This is one of the ways to boost it a little bit in the right direction. :)

Sam_Zen

Quote from: "Waxhead"And one of the most important things for me is that someone have continued Olivers work.
Right on !

I don't need to get thanked for the fact that I'm a daily visitor of this board. That's my own choice how to spend my time. And this choice is based on the fact, that this is a nice community with dedicated people.  :boogie:

KrazyKatz

Just adding my few cents.
I really appreciate this forum. I check threads every 1-2 days and write where I see nescessary, and its a most welcoming feeling to check out the thoughts after a long days slave labour. I know that any question no matter how technical will be answered thorougly and proffesionally. A mighty Thank you to those maintaining it... Please accept my free virtual beer.

Keep up the good stuff..

..and I think I'll go click a few ads.

The Y
Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com

erwat14

I agree wholeheartedly;
There are so many places nowadays online where it feels like if you want to take a step out and express your opinions about a topic, that you'll be punished for it.  I love these forums for the simple fact that you can be yourself, and, being a musician, being able to hear honest, constructive criticism about your work, rather than just plain bashing, is a great feeling.  This is a wonderful atmosphere, to be sure.  Keep up the great work, LPChip!
Hustle; loyalty; respect. . .
                 erwat14

My Original Game music: http://www.download.com/ervanwatersjr

LPChip

Thanks for the kind words! :)

These motivate me but probably you all, to continue doing what we like to do: being ourselves! :D