Icecream vst wont load interface

Started by Chewrafa, April 25, 2020, 10:15:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Chewrafa

Hi. I'm facing some problems with the Icecream vst (https://www.kvraudio.com/product/icecream_by_cosmic_boys). This problem is new, as I'm been able to use the vst without problem for years. Now, when opened in OMPT the interface of the vst appears blank. Songs using this vst still sounds ok, but I can't use the vst anymore. I've tried to erase and download other version of the vst but I haven't succeed. VST isn't loading interface when opened in Acid, so the problem is in my system. Any ideas?.
Failed at Failing

Saga Musix

From what I can see, this started happening in OpenMPT 1.25, but only in the version for Windows 7 and newer. For the time being you can keep using the plugin by switching to the OpenMPT 1.28 legacy version for Windows XP and the plugin will keep working for some reason.
However, it is important to note that this is a bug in the plugin and not in OpenMPT (probably an incompatibility with Windows 10), as other VST hosts such as Renoise will also crash if you try using the plugin; so I really advise you to look out for an alternative plugin to use (in particular since there won't be a legacy version of OpenMPT 1.29).
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Chewrafa

Thank you, so the best way is to search for another VST, too sad since IceCream is a nice one.
Failed at Failing

Saga Musix

Yes, sadly that's the best future-proof advice I can give. Many older plugins will stop working at some point for a reason or another, sometimes it may be the plugin host's fault but quite often (like in this case) they will just stop working in any host, so there is nothing we can do to keep it working. You could of course try reaching out to the plugin author and see if they can update the plugin, but given that it hasn't been updated in over ten years, the chances for that are pretty slim.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.