[Req] Pattern Tab Simple View

Started by Sam_Zen, June 06, 2006, 05:37:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam_Zen

(I prefer the term 'suggestion' to 'request' in the meantime.)

The patterns tab gives a view on a particular pattern. With its particular channel-columns.
If the number of channels exceeds 10 or so, the rest will be off-screen. So extra scrolling is needed to control the whole scene.

This could be less a problem, if there was a switch between 'just show notes' or 'show note details'.
Just the note and instr. nr., without the effect columns, would take half of the horizontal space. So it shows a double number of channels in the same view.

Snu

10 channels? you must be running a pretty low resolution...
but there already is this feature, the 'lo' 'med' and 'hi' buttons at the top right of the pattern tab.

LPChip

Snu beated me to the answer. Indeed, you can reduce the size down by pressing the low mid and hi buttons. Mid removes the effects, low everything but note I believe.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

speed-goddamn-focus

You probably already did this, but make sure to tick "use small font" on the colors tab in the setup.

Sam_Zen

I see. I always assumed that 'lo' or 'hi' was linked to some soundquality....