DefleMask - multi-system chiptune tracker

Started by Gerirish, August 05, 2019, 19:03:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Gerirish

Works on different operating systems incl. iOS and Android: http://deflemask.com

StarWolf3000

Instead of making multiple topics with not much text each and just a link, why not make a single topic with all of them and also add a short description to each entry?

LDAsh

This is SO close to what I've been looking for, except it doesn't seem to export to IT/XM or even MOD.  I had a quick look around for VGM converters but that doesn't seem possible.  The Android version doesn't specify which format it saves but I assume it's its own DMF file which then gets loaded into the Windows version.  It exports various console-music files but I'd be stuck with the limitations of those like number of channels, and again scraping around for converters.

If anyone has any idea how I could use this to get modules into OpenMPT, I'd really appreciate it.

StarWolf3000

Quote from: LDAsh on August 11, 2019, 11:11:16
This is SO close to what I've been looking for, except it doesn't seem to export to IT/XM or even MOD.  I had a quick look around for VGM converters but that doesn't seem possible.  The Android version doesn't specify which format it saves but I assume it's its own DMF file which then gets loaded into the Windows version.  It exports various console-music files but I'd be stuck with the limitations of those like number of channels, and again scraping around for converters.

If anyone has any idea how I could use this to get modules into OpenMPT, I'd really appreciate it.
Even if importers were written for them, only the formats, that are based on OPL2/3 or use sample-based instruments (like with the SNES/SPC700, which is partially supported via XM and IT converters) would probably work in OpenMPT.

LDAsh

SPC might actually be great.  SNES music was way ahead of its time, in my opinion, especially if I can break that 64KB limit somehow and use larger samples.  I found a SPC2IT converter already.

Thing is, this doesn't support SNES music OOTB and there's no information about the Android release being able to do it at all or if ever.  There will come a certain point at which so many fiddly workarounds are necessary that I might as well just stick to converting MIDI files, as I've been doing.

Saga Musix

From my understanding (unless something significant changed about the SPC format in recent years) you won't be able to break the 64K limit if you are aiming for producing an SPC file - it will only be possible if it's a full ROM dump, but then it won't be listentable in most players.

And as StarWolf3000 said, DefleMask is geared towards systems and chips that couldn't be supported by OpenMPT anyway (from what I can see it doesn't support OPL, only related chips like OPM). There is little sense for interoperability apart from being able to share pattern data between the two programs.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.