[Drum & Bass] Grey Matter (it/ogg/flac)

Started by Saga Musix, July 27, 2019, 19:35:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

A short Drum & Bass loop made as a One Hour Compo entry in 2012, now recycled and slightly improved for a compofiller demo at Nordlicht 2019. Both the demo and the original OHC entry ranked 3rd. :)

Download - now also in lossless FLAC format!
Watch the demo
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

Sounds nice.

I watched the youtube version as "listening experience" and was disappointed that the music does not sync with the demo in the sense that the music has moments where it changes a bit more dramatically, where the demo stays the same, and then when the music stays the same, the demo changes to another scene.

The only moment where it was in sync, was when the demo looped. Oh well...

The music itself was nice, although that high melody sounded really strange at first and started to make sense when the bass came in. Then it all worked. I would've done that first section differently. Maybe add a filter or maybe even removed it and added the bass on that section. But this is nitpicking really. Its not that bad.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

Quote from: LPChip on July 28, 2019, 18:55:04
I watched the youtube version as "listening experience" and was disappointed that the music does not sync with the demo in the sense that the music has moments where it changes a bit more dramatically, where the demo stays the same, and then when the music stays the same, the demo changes to another scene.
That is correct, and there is a simple explanation: There was no tune-specific sync at all, because the demo was thrown together in maybe an hour or so as a compo-filler.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.