Author Topic: Upgrading the upgraded splash screen.  (Read 872 times)

Offline Harbinger

• Extreme artist
  • Operating System: Windows XP
Upgrading the upgraded splash screen.
« on: July 01, 2019, 17:28:48 »
Whenever i load MPT, i love the recently designed, sleek look of the splash screen, but it's a little boring. The beautiful logo on a plain black rectangle.

As an artist, my creative juices started flowing about how we could make the new logo look even better during loadup. So i've attached a couple of rough drafts.

They both rely on an idea that i don't know can be implemented easily - non-rectangular windows. IOW, instead of looking at a plain rectangle, the splash screen is oddly shaped - sleekly shaped, something to complement the new logo.

Splash1 shows the new logo on a perspective sheet of an example Pattern page, fading to black.
Splash2 shows the new logo on a cutout black backdrop, with a handy slogan, whatever we decide to use. (I forgot about "Discover the music inside" when i created this mockup.) This one is closer to the vision i was originally inspired to do.

Any thoughts on the matter?

Offline Saga Musix

• OpenMPT Developers
  • aka Jojo
    • Download music, samples, VST plugins: Saga Musix Website
  • Operating System: Windows 10 x64
Re: Upgrading the upgraded splash screen.
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2019, 20:45:47 »
Shortly put: We are very happy with the splash screen as it is, and of course you can update the resources in any way you want for your personal builds, but we won't write any code to make it easier for people to make their own semi-transparent splash screens. That development time is better invested in other parts of the project.
ยป No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.