More combinations with the Start / Stop keybindings?

Started by DeltaRazero, October 12, 2017, 18:32:58

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaRazero

Greetings,

I hope this hasn't been asked a lot, but a lot of modern trackers these days (mainly FamiTracker and Deflemask) have a start / stop for one key. This is present in MPT as well, however, only start the song and stopping en re-starting plays from where was stopped. The above mentioned trackers have start from pattern start / stop, which there is no way to have that with one key in MPT. I've been working with a workaround but it's getting a bit annoying now.

I know this is nitpicking, but would it be possible to have such combination possible?
I was thinking of a stop key that when pressed checks if there is a song playing and if True stops the song. When it is pressed but there isn't a song playing it would simply do nothing.

Sorry if this sounds a bit demanding, but it was just a thing that I like about my workflow to be implemented that maybe others would want too.

Cheers !

Saga Musix

Yeah I guess that would be possible to implement.

PS: The Development Corner is for questions / discussions about the source code and OpenMPT development. Feature requests should be made on the issue tracker.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

DeltaRazero