Loop points

Started by MusicNewbie, August 21, 2017, 13:34:58

Previous topic - Next topic

MusicNewbie

I have a suggestion. My suggestion is to enable custom loop points, so it doesn't have to be impossible to have a looped file. Some songs make it impossible to loop just through patterns. However, I can identify where the loop starts, and where it ends. It would be nice to see a pair of commands that helps me specify precisely where in which Pattern the loop starts, and, in the loop's ending Pattern, where it precisely ends. Either that, or a feature that automatically detects loop points.

Saga Musix

Please do not attach your feature requests to completely unrelated posts, thank you. I have split off your post from the original thread.
If I understand your request correctly you just want to loop your module between two specific points, and that is already possible using the Position Jump and Pattern Break commands. You can find an explanation of those commands for each of the supported module formats in the effect reference.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

MusicNewbie

My apologies. I couldn't find a button that allowed me to create a new Thread.

What I attempted to communicate is that I am requesting a feature that will allow me to set Loop Points in a song, and these Loop Points can span more than just one Pattern.

Saga Musix

The topic you initially posted it explained exactly why you couldn't create a new post in the feature request forum: it's an archive for old feature request and new requests should be made on the issue tracker instead.

Anyway, did you actually read the description of those commands that I just mentioned? You can create a loop spanning as many patters as you like. To make it even more obvious, you put those commands at the end of the last pattern that is supposed to be part of the loop, and their parameters specify where the loop start is. So if you want a loop from order item 3 to 5, you put the command B03 at the end of the 5th pattern.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

MusicNewbie

Roger that.

The problem is, I'm not certain if it can work in making more precise Loop Points. For example, if a loop starts in the middle of a Pattern, do I use the Position Jump command at that precise spot?

Saga Musix

The command can be put anywhere you like, including in the middle of a pattern. Please, just try it out yourself and try experimenting. Then you will see that indeed, if you put the position jump command in the middle of the pattern it will jump at that time and not at the end of the pattern. You can even combine it with a Pattern Break command to jump to a specific row in the target pattern.

MusicNewbie

10-4. I'll attempt that. Thanks for the information.