Off set sample

Started by Synth Magic-84, August 07, 2017, 16:09:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Synth Magic-84

Hey guys been using modplug a little while but can't figure out how to off set a clap before a snare any help please maybe a module to see how it's done thank you for any help

Exhale

Ok here's an example,
I named pattern 0 basic - no offset
pattern 1 is what I would recommend, note delay 1 tick, nice and easy - SD1
pattern 2 is offset - O03

--- was trying to get this done quick for you so pattern 2 doesnt really sound much different from 0... very fine if any difference (made it punchier in my opinion though, so now making something from it ;) )... but yeah, try those methods, I really do recommend note delay 1 tick though - I think that is exactly what you are looking for. And now that I think about it, this will vary depending on which format you are coding in... I was using the mptm format - if you need it in another, open this file in modplug and change it to your format manually. the code will likely be different, but I think most of them handle offset and note delay.

Synth Magic-84

Thank you very much really appreciate your help  ;D Just getting my head around using modplug as i never really liked using daw's

Exhale

my pleasure, there is so much that can be done in modplug it can be daunting at first,
For example, you might be able to get the effect you are looking for by inserting space before samples too and I think there are many other effects in that effect column that might help you too. Either way those were the first two that sprang to mind and I think will be the most help.
do yourself a favor and play around with those effects, double click on a row & column that has a hit of some kind in it (or after depending on if it can be done by the effect) and look through the effect type dropdown.
You will see there are many effects there, and some in the volume column too...
experiment with these, and you will find yourself tracking like a pro in no time :)

Synth Magic-84

Saga Musix

Exhale example pretty much shows how it could be done in the second pattern, but with a minor mistake - the big snare is delayed to be played later than intended, but the light clap should normally be played a little earlier instead. This way, the rhythm will sound a bit off because the snare comes too late. So you should put the clap on the previous row (with a delay to make it "integrate" seamlessly with the snare), and then have the snare on the intended row. See attached file for an example.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Synth Magic-84

Thank you to both of you got what i was looking for just changed the Ticks/Rows Rows/beat  ;D

Exhale

Quote from: Synth Magic-84 on August 08, 2017, 09:24:17
Thank you to both of you got what i was looking for just changed the Ticks/Rows Rows/beat  ;D
Cool, glad I could offer some help :)