Shift + left mouse button problem

Started by herodotas, March 06, 2017, 21:45:39

Previous topic - Next topic

herodotas

Hi,
my problem is that i work with VST plugins, some of them use shift+lmb combination for presice parameters tuning. In my case, this combination open MIDI mapping window, which also opens with Ctrl+F3. I want disable Shift+lmb, but cant find this in Keyboard setup windows.

I found in manual this: "You can call this dialog from the View menu or use the "Learn" mode by pressing Shift while modifying a parameter in an active plugin GUI. The modified plugin and plugin parameter are then automatically filled into the appropriate fields.", so I'm doing the presumption, that this is OpenMPT native, nonconfigurable setting. Please do the possibility change it. 
life is darker than it seems

LPChip

Just for my curiosity, which plugin(s) have this shift-lmb combo for precise parameter tunings?
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

There is now (r7744) a new hidden setting, "VST Plugins.EnableMidiMappingInEditor", which can be set to 0 for disabling this feature.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

herodotas

Thanks, Saga.

Quote from: LPChip on March 06, 2017, 23:14:18
Just for my curiosity, which plugin(s) have this shift-lmb combo for precise parameter tunings?

Ok troll, Xhip synth for example.

Saga Musix

» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

herodotas

Sorry, but LPChip question sounds like provocation to me.

Saga Musix

It's perfectly valid to ask which plugins you are having an issue with when troubleshooting a plugin-related problem. I would have asked the same if I wasn't already aware of some possible problems of this feature which have been worked around in the past in one way or another.

herodotas

LPChip

It was by far not meant as trolling. I was more wondering if this maybe a feature I want and was missing, so by knowing which plugins this have, if I use one of these I could play with it too.

Sorry for making you consider it being trolling. I don't know how I could've worded my post otherwise to ask you about this.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

herodotas