.FLAC in OpenMPT

Started by chaoticDreemur, December 22, 2016, 01:46:48

Previous topic - Next topic

chaoticDreemur

Can you open .FLAC in OpenMPT?

This post says that it is/was implemented https://forum.openmpt.org/index.php?topic=4884.0 but I don't see that anywhere within OpenMPT

StarWolf3000

FLAC is supported as Export format for Lossless and as a valid format for Samples.

chaoticDreemur

Okay, thank you. The thing is like I have this file that is to a song which I'm guessing could be the module. However, it's in FLAC and I was maybe questioning whether or not you could change the format

Saga Musix

FLAC and modules are fundamentally different file formats. FLACs can be imported as samples into modules, but not as songs themselves. A FLAC file only contains a stream of audio (a sample), not note data like a module.
Searching the manual for "FLAC" will show you all the places where you can load FLAC samples.

PS: What is so difficult to understand about "No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered"? I am not your personal support assistant. If anything, reading such a PM sent to me makes me delete it instantly.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.