bridged plugins questions

Started by ndelay33, June 23, 2016, 22:13:02

Previous topic - Next topic

ndelay33

hello people!
so when i use bridged x32 plugins in my x64 modplug i cant control paramenters via plugins GUI. But great oldskool plugins like MDA - they dont have any GUI, so i can control and even record parametres changes there...
is it possible to add button "switch to not GUI interface" in the options section on a plugin window. like here on pic attached
maybe any suggestions how can i control and record parametrs change to the pattern ?

thanks for the soft, its 14 years im on it :)

Saga Musix

This is not a general plugin bridge limitation so I'd rather fix the issue concerning this specific plug, but the author seems to have discontinued it and there's no way to still download it from their website.
You can already edit the parameters of every plugin (even those with a custom GUI) in the General tab as a fallback anyway.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Saga Musix

Okay, there was a more hidden download link on their website, so now I have that Auxiter plugin. As far as I can tell there is no difference in the GUI behaviour when using the bridged version compared to the non-bridged version. So either the plugin is buggy or it's an intentional demo limitation.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

ndelay33

Quote from: Saga Musix on June 23, 2016, 23:29:30
As far as I can tell there is no difference in the GUI behaviour when using the bridged version compared to the non-bridged version.
i trust you, still i have an issues.
like with this absolutely classic free plugins. cant control them with gui while them being bridged.
OpenMPT 64 bit
Version 1.26.02.00
Windows 8.1

please help give me some idea whats wrong :(

Saga Musix

Classic Series was extensively tested during bridge development and works just fine for me, both on Windows 7 and Windows 8.
How exactly are the plugins failing for you? Can you move the knobs at all, i.e. are the animations shown but the new value is not sent to OpenMPT?

ndelay33

i cant move knobs(no animation works for me and no values sent) & when i press left mouse key - the plugin window gets non active like if i have pressed behind openmpt window.
same thing when i open x64 plugins in x32 modplug. but the plugins themselves - they work fine, i can switch presets, control parametres in dropdown menu on the main screen...
this is really wierd. i thought everybody have this issues, but now i know its only my problem, what could be the reason i do not know :(

Saga Musix

Quotethe plugin window gets non active like if i have pressed behind openmpt window
This is intended (or rather, part of how the bridge works) - the bridged plugin window is a child window of the host's plugin window, and if you click on this child window (i.e. the plugin's graphical interface), the parent window (the host window) loses focus. But I have no idea why clicking on the child window would set the focus but not make the plugin GUI clickable for you. Do you use any special tools to modify Windows' look or similar stuff?

StarWolf3000

Quote from: Saga Musix on June 29, 2016, 11:27:09
Quotethe plugin window gets non active like if i have pressed behind openmpt window
This is intended (or rather, part of how the bridge works) - the bridged plugin window is a child window of the host's plugin window, and if you click on this child window (i.e. the plugin's graphical interface), the parent window (the host window) loses focus. But I have no idea why clicking on the child window would set the focus but not make the plugin GUI clickable for you. Do you use any special tools to modify Windows' look or similar stuff?
I tested this myself, and the GUIs are responding to me when using the plugin bridge. Yeah, the plugin's GUI frame windows lose the focus state when interacting with the knobs and switches (only with bridged plugins, as to how the plugin bridge works), but I can actually change the parameters in it and their states are drawn inside the plugins own GUI.

Saga Musix

ndelay33: Please grab r6970 or later from buildbot (as soon as it's up) to check if the problem is gone.

ndelay33

amazing!
thank you saga musix!
GETS BETTER AND BETTER!  8)