Community > Compos

OpenMPT example song compo - extended deadline (2015-08-12)

(1/11) > >>

Saga Musix:
The compo is over! Thanks for particiapting!
If you still want to submit a new example song using the same sample set for an upcoming version of OpenMPT, please see the post below for the updated compo rules.

It's been a while since I've updated the example songs package for OpenMPT, but instead of searching for existing great tunes (mostly in IT format), I thought it would be a nice idea to run a compo with a given set of rules. Since OpenMPT 1.25 brings several new features for the MPTM format (fractional tempos and most importantly tempo swing), it would be great to make use of MPTM-exclusive features in these example songs, but it's not a must.

A rough sketch of the rules, which are not final yet:
- Use the MPTM format.
- Usage of DMO effects explicitely allowed, but no VSTs.
- Tune size should be below 200kb, using IT-compressed samples and external FLAC samples is explicitely allowed.

Regarding the last point, I think it would be a neat idea to gather a little sample pool for all participants upfront to share common samples such as drums, bass, etc. - naturally you are still allowed to use your own samples, but using shared samples obviously gives you more room for your own samples, as they wouldn't count towards the 200kb limit. ;)

The compo would run until the release of OpenMPT 1.25, which is scheduled for late July or early August.

Any thoughts?

FreezeFlame(Alchemy):
Im in, if the compo is going to happen.

--- Quote ---Regarding the last point, I think it would be a neat idea to gather a little sample pool for all participants upfront to share common samples such as drums, bass, etc. - naturally you are still allowed to use your own samples, but using shared samples obviously gives you more room for your own samples, as they wouldn't count towards the 200kb limit. ;)
--- End quote ---
I already prepared some samples including instruments for the track im now working on for this compo, so if you need them for the compo, i can send them to you.
Together, there are though ITs Mono Sample Compression 154kb big.

Rakib:
If someone can share some samples that dont take up to much space, Im in.

Saga Musix:
Yes, I'll prepare a set of samples as soon temperatures here are down to being bearable again.

FreezeFlame(Alchemy):

--- Quote ---Yes, I'll prepare a set of samples as soon temperatures here are down to being bearable again.
--- End quote ---
Oh, alright.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version